Facial hair

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Facial hair

Post by Anne Bonny »

There are about 15,000 facial hairs in the average male beard. If plucked they grow back in 6-8 weeks. If you pluck 268 hairs a day for 56 days you can remove all 15,000 just as they begin to grow back. I am finding that I am pleased with the effect of drastically lightening the "shadow" where the hair is very dense on my upper lip and chin and my face is smoother. Tweezing does tend to become habitual, funny how it grows on you. I have been plucking 40 facial hairs every morning, my skill is improving and I find If I drag some cloth through the tweezers every few hairs the grip is better to grab the hair with. I have also found grabbing and slowly applying tension as I pull seems to be the correct technique...sometimes I see two or more as many as 3-4 occasionally coming out at the same time. I really can see this becoming a habit I will carry out the rest of my life...the benefit is a smoother cleaner looking face that lasts much longer and it also means my make up will look a lot better...smoother, and I may not need to use concealer anymore to cover the gross bluish black hair shadow staining my face. I have never enjoyed having to shave every day. Sure as a 9 year old into the early teens you cannot wait to have your beard come in so you can grow a mustache...but my hair was always kind of sparse and I never ever grew a beard or mustache. I am now hoping maybe a day might come that I do not have to shave at all if the follicles are damaged by constant tweezing? Really I know only electrolysis or lazer therapy would actually kill off the blasted hair follicles. Thing is since I am a woman...yes in a sense I really am and in my head I freely tell myself that I am, I really do enjoy being a girl...BUT I am a Man and cannot do anything about it. I do share things in common with women but I am not and never will be one. I mean I am sensitive, and emotional, I have a tender heart, I care, and .... but what is the point of how I happen to be inside. Fact is my brain works as a man's does because I am a man and I can be really very masculine when I shift in that direction inside. Sometimes I shift in the other direction obviously because gosh I really do enjoy being a girl! Happy tweezing!
Go with the flow
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: Facial hair

Post by Anne Bonny »

Update...persistence is the key and as I am at it realizing this will be something I will never be free of...hair grows in a cycle I believe there are two or three I remember reading when thinking about professional and permanent hair removal. I spend time each morning in front of the mirror when the hair is longest and then shave afterwards. It is a new lifelong commitment because I hate shaving and because I am a girl! In my head at least and do not want any shadow at all and I do very much want a smooth and hair free face and have for a very long time...several years. I pull 40 at a minimum every morning but will keep at it so that number is probably more like 60 to 80 a day every day. My face is smother, there is less shadow...and yes, I do believe I really am on my way to being potentially mostly hair free beard hair free for the rest of my life...yea!!! plucking will unfortunately not destroy the follicles I wish I could do that but professional removal costs a lot of money ... many sessions and lots of time. What I am doing will never give professional or permanent results but for 20 to 45 minutes a day...I believe it is worth it. I do look cleaner and better and I do believe a few women have given me approving looks when out as a guy.
Go with the flow
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I seem to be committed to plucking 100 or so facial hairs every morning before shaving. I noticed this morning my face is much smoother, the shadow is beginning to fade a bit, and though I do not believe I will ever go without shaving for a day or so... but it may be a possibility. I have never desired growing anything on my face, I do not like having to shave...so ridding my face to the extent possible of the awful bristles that come every morning is desirable for me. I believe it gives me a very cleaner and nicer appearance even as a man. I think if I ever ... well I bet women will be pleased face to face without the bristle there it will be more pleasant for them.

This is if you are committed to it another option just below professional hair removal and it does not cost any money.
Go with the flow
Linda S
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Linda S »

Yes, I agree 100% about the benefits of tweezing facial hair. It made a big improvement in my feminine appearance.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

The down size is the follicles are not destroyed by tweezing which means it must be carried on for life. It does require a daily commitment. I calculated based on an estimate I came across that there are about 15,000 facial hairs in a man's beard. the time to regrow a hair shaft after plucking is 6-8 weeks, or 56 days. This means I would need to tweeze 267 facial hairs every day If I ever hope to be completely hair free and I would have to pull that many every morning If I desire to remain hair free. I am retired so spending extra time in the morning...I am up to pulling a bit over 200 facial hairs a day. The shadows are reduced substantially, there is less stubble in the afternoon because results do last. I woke up one morning to find a bunch of hairs where I had been plucking and was discouraged but then I seem to remember hearing or reading that there are two to three growth cycles and this could have been one of them. Whatever, that is when I started plucking 200 a day and in a couple days I had cleaned out the main area so that it was smooth and relatively hairless again my chin and upper lip. It does require a determination, a desire to be free of facial hair and a commitment to keep at it every morning. It is worth it for me.

Professional methods would be permanent...but the cost would be several thousand dollars...I could do that but I am not on hormones or blockers and am not a candidate for transition in my mind.
Go with the flow
Cathey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Cathey »

WOW !!!!!
:-k Who had the time to count them
LOL
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Yes...I know...well at 6am...being retired retired and living alone....But I am beginning to think about looking up permanent hair removal...I think lazer does not work on lighter hairs...and that electrolysis zapping hurts... wonder...Plucking itself gives minor pain... I may do that because to enjoy my smoother face means doing this EVERY DAY with hairs plucked eventually regenerating because the follicle is still there undamaged.
Go with the flow
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Dancing last night...dance class...I got the feeling after a few rotations the women ... well I am nearly 63 on March 8 and face it I am not what I would call handsome...or was it the longer hair, did they detect how hair free my face was? Or was it just me in general?

The little Korean woman who has been kind of a partner was a hairdresser and has told me my hair looks nice...but last night she said when it gets too long I can cut it for you...

Thing is most women are not going to find a more feminine man attractive. I am not feminine or effeminate in my demeanor but in more subtle ways and in how I am grooming and if they were accepting and came over it would also be in my manner of dress and in my less aggressive more submissive or equal manner in relating to a woman.

I guess I should not be surprised if many women are put off because they sense something about who I am does not fit the vibe the majority of men give off who are masculine...because I am not like other men, I am more like a woman in what I desire except in my attraction for women.

Yeah, I can live with putting most women off because they are not who I am looking for...instead it will be when I come across a woman who is encouraging and giving off signs that she feels attracted to me and who may even make the first move on me.

Who I am inside is very subtle but it is feminine in a lot of ways, even though I am able to be a man in other ways.
Go with the flow
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Thing about plucking is my face is much much smoother and is especially smooth and hair free on my upper and lower lip and chin, somewhat under my chin...neck and some on my cheeks. Sister here so I only pluck 167 or so hairs very early in the am secretly. If you are committed to this practice...my pores are smaller, make up does not require any concealer to cover any "blueing" due to dark beard hair at or under the surface because they are gone...hair on my cheeks and neck are sparce luckily. So I am satisfied with plucking but will definitely keep the idea of permanent removal in my mind....I think being a man who assents to his self mentally he is a woman because it is how I am inside, would never ever push this on anyone, in fact have no problem saying I am a man, I would only ever use a single serve bathroom personally if in public but still this is who I am inside and so hair removal is something that I really do want without any reservations about it at all...I have never grown nor have I ever wanted to grow facial hair in any form on my face because I am a girl! In a very personal to myself and private conception sort of way.
Go with the flow