What are you wearing?

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

How are you getting dressed nowadays staying at home?

Poll ended at Thu May 14, 2020 12:03 pm

I am getting dressed everyday like I was going somewhere and doing my hair and make up if applicable
30%
I generally get dressed and at least try to stay coordinated
20%
Any old thing will do after all no one is going to see me
10%
I spend many of my days still in my nightgown or pajamas
20%
The only reason I even bother to put something on is I sleep in the nude
20%

Total votes: 10
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

What are you wearing?

Post by Diana Michelle »

Not sure this belongs here but when has that ever stopped me? :lol: As I was getting ready this morning I got to wondering why am I bothering as absolutely no one is going to know. Got to me thinking, yea dangerous I know, how many people are even bothering to get dressed in this time of everyone sheltering in place. Be interesting to see the results of this little unscientific poll come out. Please feel free to leave any comments.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: What are you wearing?

Post by Diana Michelle »

I get up everyday and do my make up and hair before getting dressed. While it may not be the fanciest of outfits I select what I wear carefully both for comfort and style as well as appropriate for what is on my schedule. I even go as far as wearing earrings and my watch everyday and while I may add a necklace or bracelet that is not an everyday occurrence.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Hi.

Never done... A Day... in my life , as well lets face it I quess being a female I don't think about it I just do what I would do depending on the day so most of this is now in past tense as we are not going any where that our groups would do on our normal days during the week.

So for now any way I,m working and have been for 3 weeks our lock down time been in the workshop making a Metal Lathe and yes I,m a machinist so welding and turning is part of my work.

Okay I wear my multy coloured skirt is just a work skirt and as it,s getting colder like snow down south and our 2nd mountain ranges have snow as well so I keep warm just work clothes no makeup or as some will say looking pretty na not this kid, and I will if I get a bit mucky before I go next door to my very close friend in our bubble I,ll have a wash and get out of my overall,s an still no makeup and I really don't need it.

So I do spend a lot of time in the workshop ether making things like wooden tables chairs or form,s for inside or outdoors so yes I enjoy what I make steel timber or what ever,

When I go shopping in the evening at 6 pm wensday night I,ll have had a shower or a wash change into my day wear and warm coat lippy and perfume and all rugged up and backpack = duffel bag and off I go and yes is a heavy weight when I have all I need plus the cats food 6 large tins of so because I,m used to carrying a heavy load does not bother me.
now I don't know many women will do what I do it,s what I,m used to, those who know me know what I,m like so no drama .

Now I know I,m not a girly girl not one of those fashion type you see in those mag,s and nore do I wont to be like them I may not be pretty well I,m not so end of. and I,m not all the time dressed in nice clothe,s I like how I am and no pretence as to who I am , yes I get grubby and mucky don't care and when other,s vist or my close friend next door what do they see, plus they know what I do so its about our friendship not how I look My friend is Lovely and she is a neat friend.oh and lots of cupper,s over there as well,

I know for many on this and other forums they like to be all dressed up. yes I understand that and take every opportunity to get dressed. so I quess this is where the difference comes in so I,ll dress for what I have to do.

Did not answer your one of many ?.s well I did in my writing maybe.

...noeleena...
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

Not that I am wearing a dress or skirt but I do get dressed in something decent everyday, well at least from the waist up. :lol: Working from home generally involves at least one video conference every day if not more so I try to put forth a presentable professional image.
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Lauren
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lauren »

Been working from home 4 plus weeks now and TBH after a few days I tried just staying in my nightgown and found I got virtually nothing done. I felt like just laying around and spent more thinking about how bad things were than working. Went back to getting dressed and doing my hair and make up and went back to being productive and my mood improved dramatically.
Some people are going to leave a mark on this world, while others are going to leave a stain
Eleanor Roosevelt
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I stay in my nightgown most of the morning, then change into a skort and blouse.

Unless going to the store. Guess I still could though, since wearing a facemask will keep me incognito. ;)
Of course my wife would stop me from doing that. :huh:
DonnaT
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Speaking as one who has been married twice yes we wives can be a real b1tch at times :lol:

KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I have been taking this time working from home to wear some of my femme clothes that do not often get to wear. Some days dressed up nice other days casual. Not quite doing a Ralista and wearing a dress every day but I am more that half of the time.

But some of my outfits are trials and may not coordinate the best. Some maybe you could say some days are an experiment.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Melissa Mac
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Melissa Mac »

Like Kim I am taking full advantage of this time working from home to spend as much time femme as possible. I have days I am completely dressed with wig and make up but there are days I have video conferences scheduled so on those days it is more half and half, drab from the waist up and femme from the waist down.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Today I may have some people stopping by, thus making for a need for a quick change. So unisex femme jeans, pink femme top with 3/4 sleeve and button accents, bra and forms, with basic tee on standby, black heels with slip on unisex flats at the ready, black opaque knee highs.

Some days just need to be flexible and think outside of the box.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Evening,

So whats changed from April to now a few months have passed, well we are pretty much back to normal that is the south island of NZ the far north is not so good with many in lock down and other,s still have the virus and other,s getting over it, so is a mixed bag,

We are back to our groups dancing and most other,s are coming right yet other,s sickness is stopping other,s from normal life this next month of Oct is a full on time for us , we are heading down south for a very large get together of dancing and some of us are going to display a new show dance, for myself i,m allmost ready and a few other,s have said they are not so, it will be a long weekend 4 days , so in about 3 weeks we head off and do our dance ,

I,v not decided yet what outfit,s i,ll be taking though one will be in a red top and a black long skirt flaired out of cause, plus two other skirt,s and top,s my normal day wear skirts in normal jean type colours oh and i had better take my camara,s so i,ll have some one take a few shot,s of us, and may get them on here, this time my dance partner is my friend who i dance with a lot and we do spend a lot of time dancing together at our many other dance group,s she is female as my other dance partner = male wont be coming .

And from all accounts may well be a 100 .+ coming and many i wont have met so will be a full program and if any thing like we put on we have 130 come to our,s . this time i wont be incharge of the kitchen i,m a quest , i belive theres some 9 couples coming down ,

And when we are back i,ll give a report of how it all went .

...noeleena...
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

I went to church this past Sunday for the first time since probably March, That's a whole other story for another time! I wore a nice dress and even wore tights for the for the first time since March for a polished look. I was surprised how dressed up everyone was and commented on it to a couple of people and one woman joked this is the first time she hasn't had leggings or shorts on in she can't remember when! IMO people are starting to get fed up with casual or in some cases even less than casual attire and when we go back to whatever the new normal is we are going to see people more "dressed up."