How many how long

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Lauren
Miss Emerald Goddess

How many how long

Post by Lauren »

Guess I must be have been really bored yesterday so I thought I would go through my closet and at least try to put into some semblance of order. I even decided to set a few things aside to give to Goodwill as I haven't worn them in forever.

It was funny as when I started to put the skirts back in I realized how many I had of widely varying hem lengths. Not sure I have any that could be classified as mini anymore I have skirts that vary from a couple of inches above the knee to just above the knee to just below it to calf length and even maxi skirts. I have worn all I kept in recent memory and most times I never think twice about hem length when selecting what skirt to wear as it more what I am doing or where I am going as well as how I feel about myself that truly determines which one.

Couple of questions to all you girls. Do you have skirts or dresses for that matter of widely varying length? Do you have a preferred hem length?
Some people are going to leave a mark on this world, while others are going to leave a stain
Eleanor Roosevelt
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: How many how long

Post by KimberlyS »

Lauren I am with you, I have skirts and dresses that fall just above the knee all the way down to maxi . My preferred length is calf to maxi. But I have recently picked up some dresses they come just above the knee. I have never worn a mini skirt. I bought a cute black pleated mini skirt at a second hand store, but it was too small to wear.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Hi.

For myself and because i,m in a number of different group.s what i wear is inline for what we do. dress,s are for dancing and most are long for old time dancing from 1920. to now inbetween that there is Rock and Roll so they are shorter 1950 - 1970, we have Ball,s as this will be this coming Sat night and i,ll be in Scottish wear in this case not my Tartan will be in the Stewart clan colour,s for other members with in our family. of cause other groups skirt,s = dress.s are long again part of my familys styles,

My normal day = evening wear most are long skirt,s in denim ,i do have short,s for summer ,

Now at a birthday dance party 150 people and those who are the Birthday party people the women wore shorter dress,s and or skirt,s this was 5 weeks ago. so for myself was a surprise to see as,

many of our dance group wore long skirts or dress,s though i allways check the age,s so have a good idear of whats going on around us,.
What i have wont go out of fashion and quiet frankly i dont care ether, as i design make my own clothes .I wont answer as to how many i have as i have clothes in Australia for when i go over to stay ,
I at a quess would say i can go for 3 months and not wear the same outfits so enough for a different outfit each day and being so involved with out groups and allso in the public changes what i wear.

Plus i do get given shoes as well, so and having wonderfull friends does help a lot,two other dancing groups are Flapper,s 1920,s and 1400 =1700 styles hoping to give those a go , Flapper style i have two dress.s , just not sure at this stage for the 1400 1700 that will be a lot harder, still my friends will help,

There is a small matter, the hair style as i have no hair so i,ll be asking for advise most know me well enough so wont be an issue and they know the rope,s as i dont , so wig,s lol,s oh well......

...noeleena ...
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Skirts mostly above the knee. Some longer and some to the ankle. Wear my skorts most days these days.
DonnaT
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

I went thru a skirt phase then a dress phase (when I started going to the office). Summer is my shorts or skorts time. All my bottoms and dresses I wear out in public are at my knee or above. My skorts and shorts are my shorter bottoms running at least three to six inches above the knees. I don't know if I should be, but I'm still proud of these old legs so I have no problem showing them off.

Sadly, I haven't been out for at least six or seven months between starting out sick then going right into the virus shut downs. The better half being home has meant no chance to work on my tan lines. I would like my leg lines above my bottom's hem line so I would wear really short bottoms including wearing something like a swim suit or bikini bottom on a nice sunny day for yard work or specifically just to sun.
{squeezes}
Davita
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Skirt length? Barely long enough to cover my fat backside! :lol:

All joking aside while there may be a mini hiding somewhere in my closet from the olden days I have pretty much the range in my closet and wear all at one time or another based on my mood and where I am going. Probably the most worn length for me is knee length nowadays give or take. Being on the taller side and having long legs I do find that hems just below the knee or even calf length do make me appear not as tall.

Unlike days of old where there was a fashion dictated hem length today's woman has many choices as to how long or short a skirt she wants to wear and I for one like that. It allows us to find that length that looks best on us and we feel comfortable in.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

Like most here I have skirts and dresses that run the gamut from mini to maxi and everything in between. For work I pretty much stick to knee length but outside of work anything goes. If I have a preferred hem length it would be just above the knee. I think it looks good on me as well professional. That said if you were to ask Kyle what hem length he would like me to wear it would definitely be mini! #-o
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr