Corporate Dress Code

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Corporate Dress Code

Post by Diana Michelle »

OK Girls! As Goddess of the Universe I just waved my magic wand and you are now all women out there in the working world. It is an office job. Maybe it Is your dream job or maybe it isn't but that isn't important. What is important is you want to climb the corporate ladder. To do that you have to follow the rules and part of those rules is the corporate dress code. What is it? Professional? Corporate casual? Professional but with Casual Friday? I have no idea so you tell me what it is and what is there in it. Also describe your typical working attire for any given day.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
AJ West
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: Corporate Dress Code

Post by AJ West »

Professional with a casual Friday. Dresses, skirts, slacks. Hose is mandatory
Not sure where I'm going, but there's no since being late
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

short pencil skirt, white with black lace top; or black with white lace top, and 3 inch heels.
DonnaT
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

For it would be a Business office attire. Some where between business skirt suit every day and jeans. It would be not denim except maybe on Fridays. It would be nice skirts and tops or dress slacks and tops, or dresses. Shoes would be nice flats to 3 inch heels. If you are at the manager level maybe a skirt suit a few times a year for big meetings.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I'm not too creative, so it's a black or navy pencil skirt, then a light colored satin shell(maybe cream, pink, lime, or lavender) with a cute jacket. But to mix it up once in a while, I have a burgundy skirt suit which is a pencil skirt and matching jacket. And some burgundy tops that go with that without the jacket.
Then we have to have casual dress day Friday, which is for casual dresses like Kim talked about in the other post. I vehemently believe that the CGD (casual grey dress) is every bit as essential, or maybe more, than is a LBD - which everyone should have just because they are so much fun. But I digress, because we are talking about work and having fun in a LBD at work is likely going to turn out to be not so fun after all.
Kicking off the work week on Monday can be a chore, so we will have Marvelous Monday where everyone is encouraged to wear something fabulous and extravagant. Those participating can come in 2 hours late because it will take extra time to get ready. And we have ice cream for lunch that day.

But then any time the weather is horrible, we just revert to sweater dresses.
And conversely, any time the weather is especially beautiful we go for cute sun dresses and bonnets!

And if I'm CEO the rules apply to men and women both. It won't kill men to wear a dress once in a while and I'm pretty dang sure most of them will secretly like it.