Jeans or slacks.with heels

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Jeans or slacks.with heels

Post by KimberlyS »

Ok today I am going against my normal femme attire and wearing jeans. I have seen jean worn with flats, sandals, wedges, and heels. Today I am doing heel with a pair of jeans that are normally a bit too long. But today with my heels they are just right. They are falling about an inch to inch and a half off of the ground. I have heard of GG's talking about their jeans and slacks they have just to wear with their heels and never really though much about it other than "Really" why would you have special jeans just to wear with heels. Well guess now it makes a bit more sense, as these jeans are not dragging on the ground and look oh so good. :-)

I have worn other jeans with flats and shorter heels, but this is the first time wearing higher heels with these jeans. I know I see GG's out with heels and lots of ankle showing also. Not sure what is proper or the current "in" fashion.

How do you wear your jeans and slacks?

Do you have special jeans and slacks you wear with heels?

Any pictures?

kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
AJ West
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: Jeans or slacks.with heels

Post by AJ West »

I don't have special jeans to wear with any particular shoe. I don't want the leg of the jeans to be so low that they get stepped on by the heel and I have worn jeans that do show some ankle.
Not sure where I'm going, but there's no since being late
Lauren
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lauren »

Yes Kimberly there are jeans or slacks that require heels to keep from dragging on the floor. Also while most offices have gone casual many women still wear heels with dress slacks, I do many times. Generally with jeans I am more apt to wear boots or booties with jeans I have been known to wear heels, generally pumps, with them for a casual dressy look.
Some people are going to leave a mark on this world, while others are going to leave a stain
Eleanor Roosevelt
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

With the exception of you don't wear white to a wedding I am not sure fashion rules exist anymore. I have seen women, myself included, wearing all types of footwear with jeans imaginable from thong sandals to CFM pumps. To me it is not about what is in style rather what you feel comfortable in and think looks good on you. Obviously what you have planned has to be factored in. It is not awfully practical to wear stiletto heels to go to an outdoor festival on a ball field but there are chunky or block heels that would work.

One point here and perhaps it is more of a pet peeve but iif you are going to wear heels, particularly spike heel pumps, with jeans make sure they are "nice" jeans. Not faded, ripped or torn, no stains, no frayed hems rather a pair of nice dressy pair of jeans. IMO heels look better with a dark blue or white jeans but that is personal taste.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon