Short slip/liner look

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Are you a fan of the long skirt or dress with short slip look?

Yes I am a fan
75%
No I do not like it
25%
It is ok for others but I will not wear it
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 4
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Short slip/liner look

Post by KimberlyS »

I am not sure what the official style name is, but I always think when I see it, that the slip/liner is too short or caught or not pulled down correctly. I see the look with both longer dresses and skirts. When I first seen the fashion I thought someone got a skirt that did not have the lining sewn in correctly or had it or the slip that needed to be pulled down. Then I seen more and more of the look. When getting some clearance fashions I made the mistake of getting one of these dresses. Oh well I fix it by wearing a longer skirt with it.

Are you a fan of this look or not?
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Short slip/liner look

Post by Davita »

I am not much of a fan of the maxi with a slit all the way up to my panties either. Both these fashions have to be a pain to wear. The long sheer overlay doesn't offer much cover when sitting and you have to maneuver it. The maxi with a slit is having to get hold of the maxi and pull and tug it to provide the cover. The sheer overlay looks like an effort to be modest, but it just looks silly to me.
{squeezes}
Davita
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

I like the look and have a calf length skirt with a short lining. First it allows us mature gals who still have nice legs to show them without doing it in an "out there" way like a mini skirt. Secondly there is a sexiness to the tease, think slit skirts here. Give them a peek but not the whole show.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I have a couple of white tiered prairie skirts with short liners. I wear a short slip with them. In case the liners ride up too high.
DonnaT