Clothing pieces or outfits

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Clothing pieces or outfits

Post by KimberlyS »

When you buy clothing do you buy just individual clothing pieces or do you also buy coordinating outfit pieces?

This last year I bought a couple of coordinating outfits. The one I have on today has a cami top, jacket, two different length skirts and capri. I also have some other cami and jacket/top combinations.
I have seen other coordinating outfits in stores, catalogs, and online. Workout wear is also a common thing i have seen with sport bra, top and leggings.

For those of us that struggle with coordination of an outfit they make it easy.

I am interested in what others think of these coordinated outfits you can buy. Do you like them or hate them? Do you have any of them?

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Clothing pieces or outfits

Post by Davita »

I'm a pieces girl. When an outfit is showing, it tends to be the new stock and full price. Cheapy shopper that I am, I'll wait for the sale or a great coupon. By then, the store has busted up the outfit and moved the pieces to their respective shelves and racks.

I think I have a decent fashion sense, but then don't most of us? Any time I'm not sure, that's a good reason to have a nice relationship with the sales staff. They should know where everything is, what's current and have an idea what looks good on you. Mostly, you want to know them so you know to trust their ideas or not.
{squeezes}
Davita
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Pieces mostly 99%.
Plus it's hard to find coordinating outfits in the correct sizes.
DonnaT
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

I have been known to buy a piece or two from a collection or sometimes the entire ensemble. Depends on my mood as well as what it is. Sometimes part of it strikes me and sometimes the entire outfit. Also there have been times I think that's cute but what if instead of khakis or a monochrome outfit I paired it with jeans or a skirt or whatever. I will admit I have seen pairings on a mannequin and thought that is different. I may not buy a single thing but maybe mix up some pieces I already own it a combination I had never thought about.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Bernice
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Bernice »

I'm definitely a pieces person. I almost never buy anything new, and when I do, it's usually a mail-order dress. I get far more mileage out of pieces, mostly from yard sales and whatnot. I can make skirts to go with tops for which nothing in my closet really goes. Sometimes, I get amazingly lucky. I've had a couple occasions where separate piece went so well together that people thought they were a set sold together.

Hugs,
Bernice
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

Maybe because of my job I like pushing the edge in many disciplines and that includes fashion. Not that I haven't bought and worn "outfits" I am more inclined to find that special piece and think how can I pair that with something else for that edgy yet fashionable look
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Lauren
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lauren »

Very honestly I have seen "outfits" and thought how cute but I have also seen "outfits" on display and thought what the hell were they thinking? I have bought single pieces from a collection and paired them with other things as well as buying the entire collection. It all depends on how I think it will look on me. Not everything looks good on everybody
Some people are going to leave a mark on this world, while others are going to leave a stain
Eleanor Roosevelt