What's Your Style?

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

What's Your Style?

Post by Diana Michelle »

I am downstate for a couple of days to attend a funeral of an old friend, he and my first husband worked together. As it turned out I saw a few I haven't seen in years, you know what they say about weddings and funerals. At any rate I was talking with someone and heard my name called out so I turned and there was a woman I probably haven't seen in 20 years. She smiled and said she saw me from the back and knew it had to be me. I laughed and asked how and she replied because you were always the one to stand out in a crowd in a good way and when I saw the floral scarf and bright pink shoes I said to myself that has to be Diana. Yes being at a funeral home I had on a black dress but around my neck was a multi color floral print scarf and I was wearing pink pumps.

We talked for a few minutes but after back in my hotel room I got to thinking about what she said. I have always been one to not necessarily dress to stand out in a crowd but admit I generally add a flair to whatever I am wearing be it a scarf, belt, statement necklace, a different color combination, even perhaps an unexpected shade of shoe to not get lost in the crowd. Just my style.

Do you have a style and if so what is it?
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon