Does this outfit work?

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Does this outfit work?

Post by KimberlyS »

I have a purple sweater dress and have a pair of dark brown knee boots i want to wear with it. Being it comes just above my knee and a cold winter I think I need some leggings with it. My wife and I are trying to match something with it. I have some light colored animal prints tights. Wife says it is ok. What is your thoughts? Picture in the gallery.

What tights would you wear with it?

Thanks,

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Does this outfit work?

Post by Diana Michelle »

I suppose together they are OK but honestly I think leggings with a darker print would work better and if you want to wear brown boots something with some brown in it. You could always go with the fall back basic black leggings or tights as black and brown go together today. Other options would be patterned tights or for a really Boho look maybe some cable knit tights, an off white or a soft gray would work nicely IMO.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

[IMHO] The change is too abrupt.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Amanda R
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Amanda R »

Sorry Kim but I agree with Diana and Anthony here
"We may have all come on different ships but we are in the same boat now."
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

We ended up matching the sweater with some gray tights and a long black cardigan. Then while out and about the double sweater got to hot to wear. I came across a denim jacket that paired with it nicely. Both pictures are in the gallery. Also about 3/4 through the day the heel on the boots got a bit much for my feet which are not use to wearing heels. So I had some flats along. I learned long ago to always have a second pair of shoes along. Even if I am wearing flats. #-o

Thanks for the input.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Looking good Girl! The pics highlight how simply changing a single piece can change the look of an entire outfit
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon