Which one?

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Which one?

Post by Diana Michelle »

The charity I volunteer at is receiving an award at a dinner dance early next month. Being a board member and the "unofficial spokesperson," you know me I have always something to say, my attendance is pretty much mandated. I have been to this function a couple of times in previous years and they styles range from business formal to black tie optional so I have a multitude of options there.

Been going through my closet and kind of have down to 2 choices though I reserve the right to add to those. Both are quite appropriate but very different so I'm going to ask your opinion and comments.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Which one?

Post by Anthony Simon »

It depends on what mood you're in - or maybe what mood you're trying to set - because I think both outfits work. "Professional and classic" is my preference - but it seems like there could be a lot of people in that sort of area from your description.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

If it was myself I would go with Anthony and do the "Professional and classic" black/navy dress with jacket. But you know the attire that others may be wearing. Which ever you wear have some fun at the event and enjoy yourself.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

Both outfits are adorable and knowing you as I do I am sure appropriate. The board member and unofficial spokesperson should go with "Professional and Classic" however the Diana in you should go with "Fun and Flirty." Yea I know great non answer Heather!

Knowing you as I do regardless of what anyone says you are going to wear what strikes you as you are getting ready but if you do opt for the "Fun and Flirty" go with the red shoes!
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

So which one did you wear?
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

I ended up wearing the black dress and blazer
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon