A tip to help keep synthetic wigs from tangling up

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Lacey Hadley
Miss Emerald Goddess

A tip to help keep synthetic wigs from tangling up

Post by Lacey Hadley »

Hi all, I just want to post a friendly and hopefully helpful post that we may use. If you wear synthetic wigs even better ones or longer haired ones, it's not uncommon to have them get tangled up and its frustrating to comb or brush out said tangles. Now of course you can buy wig sprays that help detangle such wigs but I found out about and tried an affordable alternative that WORKS!

Silicone spray lubricant found at most automotive stores. Be careful to only buy silicone sprays that will not leave any greasy or other unwanted smell or residue on the wig. In my case here in Canada I had a can of MOTOMASTER brand spray, available at Canadian Tire. I gave it a try on one of my more tangled up wigs that I wanted to save as I enjoy wearing it. A few light sprays from a good distance to mist and to cover the areas where the tangles are notable and then a gentle brushing out of the wig and TA DA it worked and works to help keep the wig from tangling back when worn. This spray left no sticky residue and no smell, but dried on the hair fibres to help keep them from tangling back up.

If you are not sure try it on a troubled or badly tangled up wig that you are willing to give it a shot over and see for you own results.

This can of MOTOMASTER SPRAY SILICONE LUBRICANT only contains the following.
Petroleum distillates, heptane, isobutane and propane. So I assume to look for similar contents on any other brands you may see or find.

A light misting dries up quickly and brushes out the hair easily .

Take care all. ***()*** :yes: :teddybear:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. Ayn Rand
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: A tip to help keep synthetic wigs from tangling up

Post by KimberlyS »

Thanks for the tip. For mine I just use regular hair conditioner. Similar thought behind it. Something that helps to de-tangle the wig and easier on the fibers. And me. :-)

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.