Hemlines

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Hemlines

Post by Diana Michelle »

Kind of an interesting time fashion wise when it comes to hemlines. It seems like virtually anything goes from mini skirts to maxi dresses. Personally I like it as I have skirts and dresses that run from a couple of inches above my knees to maxi. How do all of you feel about it?
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Hemlines

Post by Davita »

So far I'm saving my maxis for in the house on a cold day; don't ask me why. The other day I was out in a tee shirt dress that was around my knees. I've been eyeballing a couple midi dresses but sadly I'm trying to be good and not get them. Being a bit tall, everything tends to be a few inches above where dresses and skirts fit most everyone else and I'm okay with that really. So to summarize, I still like my knees even as beat up as they are so I tend to show them. My upper thighs are not what they used to be so just below mid thigh is as high as I'm ever going to go anymore.
{squeezes}
Davita
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

As you can tell from my recent pictures I usually wear a skirt or dress at the maxi length or a little shorter. I wear from maxi to just above the knee. But usually in the longer lengths. I did recent buy a couple of shorter skirts and a skort. I have not worn them out and about yet.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Don't get me wrong I love shorter skirts! Not that they are what they once were I still have pretty good legs IMO and don't mind showing them off. What I think is great today is the variety we have and there is a hemline that is flattering to everyone.

I've been wearing skorts virtually forever though back in my younger days they were called golf skirts. Posting a picture of me wearing one from a month or so ago taken at a charity golf outing and dinner.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Weather and whether dependent.
Short on nice sunny days. Longer as the weather degrades, especially if windy.
Whether one has the legs for it.
DonnaT
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Donna, I agree weather can have a lot to do with my hemline.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Earlier I said I'm not going to be showing these legs above mid thigh. Okay, so I was wrong. I went to the Red Cross Tuesday and I had worn a scoo... I mean, in today's terminology, a skort. It was a few inches above my knee where I tend to have my skirts and dresses. Fine... Then I got into the lounge chair and got settled in to see my skort was just short of "if you can see your own panties, then it's too short." How the heck did a skirt hike up so much? Anyway, I survived and no complaints from the staff or the other donors. Weather was the dictate for the skort I must say. And if I really needed it, I could have a blanket to warm me up while I was donating.

We talk about hemlines, but shorts have a length we have to deal with too. I went to my chair yoga class in my ankle length legging because I was sure the room would be freezing. It was cold enough but a couple other ladies had their yoga shorts. Shorts will be the attire next week. Mine tend to be in the 9" inseam because they are above my knee and won't crawl up too short to be embarrassing while exercising.
{squeezes}
Davita
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Interesting many of you say your hemline is weather related. I have worn mini skirts in the winter and maxis in the summer. Actually depending on the material a maxi dress or skirt can be cooler to wear than a short one.

Pic in the gallery

Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Yeppers, weather is a factor. That said I tend to dress for the conditions I'm going to be in the longest at any one time. Meaning a hot room for hours in the dead of winter requires summer wear as the base layer. I recognize fabric as a choice versus length too. Leather directly on your skin isn't all that warm on a cold winter day. So many choices, that's why I try to pick my outfits as soon as I know I need one so I can be on time.

So the fun for today was a hospital gown open and untied in the back. Hemline be damned :) Nothing like having to get out of your draped in space to go down the common area to go potty. I think I managed to cover my mom approved undies of the day.
{squeezes}
Davita
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

You're absolutely correct leather on skin isn't warm but it is definitely sexy! :mrgreen:

Hospital gown? Hope all is well

Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

I have skirts and dresses that run from mini to maxi and love all of them! For work it is generally a knee length one, maye a touch above or a touch below but not too short or too long. I find knee length gives me the freedom to move and climb stairs without the hassle of a longer skirt yet not so short I have to watch how I bend or sit.
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr