Dressy Shoes

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Dressy Shoes

Post by Diana Michelle »

Was looking in my closet for some shoes to wear to services this morning. Obviously I was looking for something dressy and there was still a vast array. Sandals, closed toe, wedges, slides, pumps all stared back at me. Beyond there was a variety of heel styles like the aforementioned wedges, stilettos, block heel, stacked heel all stared back at me. Took me a minute but I went with a pair of strappy sandals with a block heel for the record.

Now keep in mind here I am not talking flats or athletic shoes or even boots just heels but there is a wide variety of choices, all in style. In spite of my height, 5'8", I have always defaulted to some form of heels as I think they make my legs look better. I love a cute pair of sandals and probably wear them more than others in the summer although if I am going to be doing a lot of walking I will go with wedges as they are more comfortable to walk in. The rest of the year it is more a classic pump generally with a stiletto heel. I think there is nothing classier than the classic pump with a dress or skirt.

How about the rest of you? What's your favorite style of dressy heel?
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
CharLee
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Dressy Shoes

Post by CharLee »

definitely any type of heels \:D/
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Myself, I like a good pump. Sadly though, I haven't worn a pump in a good while; I just don't have a time or place to wear them. SSSSooooo just yesterday, I packed a box of my stilettos (aaaahhh the memories) to donate to Zappos' charity process. Tomorrow I drop the box off at my local UPS who provides the free shipping. I need to make another box of my excess clunky heels, a variety of my wedges and flatforms; maybe I'll toss in some of my flats as well.
{squeezes}
Davita
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I like some type of heel or pump. But if I will be walking a lot some flats come along also. Boot season coming soon.

Kimbelys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

For dressy functions I love a classy sandal however for work pumps work best though I do keep a pair of athletic shoes in my desk in case I encounter a situation where heels don't work. Definitely looking forwrd to fall when I can get the boots and booties out of the closet.
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

I love boots and booties and always have! I blame it on the go go boots of my youth which sadly I never got to wear :(
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Can't wear them anymore, bad ankle.

Took my wife shopping last weekend for heels to wear with a new outfit. Picked up a pair, that she would never have considered, but she really liked them.
They didn't have any in her size :(
While waiting for that bad news, 4 other ladies came around and wanted that same style. =D>
Didn't have their sizes either. :P
DonnaT