Bras

A place for everyone to share or ask about fashion and beauty secrets.

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Bras

Post by Diana Michelle »

Bet that got everyone's attention! :lol:

Was getting dressed this morning and as I was rummaging through one of the bra drawers in my lingerie chest, they are three of them, got to thinking how I easily own 3 dozen bras if not more if you count the special purpose ones. ..OO.. When I say special purpose bras I mean strapless bras, low back strapless bra, push up bras, low cut bras, and maybe even one or two of those lacy sexy bras. Well OK maybe 3 of the lacy sexy ones but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!. [-( Beyond that I have both underwire and soft cup bras as well as a variety of colors, Even then I have several different styles like t-shirt, demi, front hook as well as the conventional back hook styles. bras with wide set straps for certain necklines and bras with closer set in straps for certain tops and dresses. At any rate I realized that although I have that many I generally wear the same 5 or 6. #-o

Lots of reasons for that. First obviously the special purpose bras are only worn when the occasion or outfit calls for it. The one exception here being strapless bras in the summer. Next reason would be the color, I generally wear either a nude or black bra depending on my outfit. Honestly I only own one white bra. Then there is the consideration of support. They may not be that big but I'm a little old to have the girls flopping around in public. The last reason is comfort. Yes some bras are more comfortable! Even the same style from the same manufacturer one may be more comfortable than another due to minor manufacturing differences.

Then I got to thinking what do you girls look for in a bra? Obviously pretty and lacy but what else? I certainly comfort I hope, there is nothing worse than a day in an uncomfortable bra! What about support? It's been a lot of years but I know there is a difference between breastforms and breasts. What else do you look for in a bra? Color perhaps? What style do you prefer? Underwire or wireless? Anything else? :-k
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: Bras

Post by KimberlyS »

Well this is a topic waiting to burst open. 8)

I would say other than I have a few more bras than you do, I am similar to you. I have a set a bras that I wear more due to comfort and they work with my forms and clothing. Yes I have my pretty bras I wear at times. But most of the time I am wearing an underwire bra for function and comfort. One thing different is I have night time bras which are usually wireless worn with a sport forms.

As for my "everyday" type bras are an underwire with true full coverage to keep the girls contained. They are pretty basic, no lace, colors black or nude mostly, with some fun colors thrown in. My current favorites are Lane Bryant, Goddess, and Elomi. I like an underwire bra with good support.

I will agree there is not much worse than a poor fitting bra at the end of the day.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

First an observation... Women have been buying bras based on what they want in their significant others. The young woman wants support and an uplifting experience in all she does. The older women expect a secure feeling from a well-rounded fit.

My go to bra for a bunch of years has been my nondescript mastectomy bra. It's certainly due for a replacement so recently I got a convertible bra aka strapless, with straps, cross straps type for a new sun dress. I got a second version just in case the one didn't work out. In general, my bras are all plain and sadly in dull colors of beige or black. I'm really not trying to draw attention to the girls. As for support? Oh it is so sad when the girls break loose and become free range. Never a good look. So I need my bras to allow some bending over, some hopping around and generally an "I don't care" attitude with the girls cradled mostly secure in their cups. I just want to ensure I'm not flashing anyone and not to have to hold the girls in place both.
{squeezes}
Davita
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

As I said forms are a lot different than breasts and obviously need good support to keep them in place. I have never worn a bra to bed, well at least not to sleep in. :whistle: Granted I may have fallen asleep in one of those bras after ah, um :mrgreen: but that's another story. :roll:
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

This old lady is not looking for support from her significant other but she definitely wants an uplifting experience :shock:

Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

I doubt I own as many bras as you Diana and I know I don't have as many as you do Kim but I probably have 2 dozen or so though I'm sure there are probably a couple that should be gone. Not that they are ratty, I only hand wash my bras but they are stretched out and don't fit me as well as they should. Still I wear probably the same 4 or 5 bras at least during the week, the weekend is definitely a different story.

What do I look for in a bra? I guess you have to break down that into 2 categories, work and play. For work support first, not that there is much sag in the girls I like having "perky boobs" and Kyle likes that I do. Also I don't need the girls bouncing around as I run to try and not be too late for a meeting. Secondly I want something that keeps my headlights from showing, not a professional look. Next I want something that doesn't show so that means generally nude or beige or whatever they call it. I do sometimes wear a black bra or a pink one depending on the outfit. Last but definitely not least is comfort! As Diana said there is nothing worse than a day in an uncomfortable bra.

For the weekends it is very different as I many times go with a bralette or one of those cute lacy bras especially if it is just Kyle and me. Sure there may be the possibility of the headlights being on depending on the outfit I am wearing or a little more bounce to my step but I know what Kyle likes. Different story when when we have the kids. Matt is 13 now and well I am sure you all know what 13 year old boys are like!

Funny though as I remember the days I was "just" a crossdresser, no offense intended to anyone here. I couldn't wait to get home and get into a bra, now there are days I can barely wait to get home and get out of it.
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr