Primer on Emails from the Forum

Important information posted by the Administrators. Please take the time to read these because you may be missing out on something important! ** All rules and guidelines of the forum may be found in the "Forum Rules & Guidelines" section. **

Moderator: KimberlyS

KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: Primer on Emails from the Forum

Post by KimberlyS »

Hi, Everyone -

It seems like a primer is needed regarding (A) the automatic 'Notice of private message' emails sent by the forum, (B) how to correctly send an email to another member, or (C) why a new member cannot log in to the forum. Why do I say that? :-k Well, I will answer those matters individually below:

(A) Lately several members have been responding to those emails instead of logging in to the forum to read the private message; in actuality, they are only responding to the subject line, and those responses are being sent to the site admin and not the intended member. The 'Notice of private message' emails are very clear and read as follows:
Hello (member),

You have received a new private message from "(member)" to your account on
"Crossdressers-Haven.com" with the following subject:

(subject line of PM is here)

You can view your new message by clicking on the following link:

"http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/u ... de=view&p=*****"
(B) Other members are using the forum's email address (siteadmin@crossdressers-haven.com) when writing to another member. . . and those emails are also being delivered to me and not the intended member. #-o

If you want to contact another member via email that is fine . . . just make sure you are clicking the email button of their profile first. You will not see the recipient's actual email address unless that member chooses to respond to you via email; however, the recipient will be able to see your email address. Be aware that some members do not want to receive emails from members, and in those cases you will not see an email button in their profile; however, you can usually send them a PM instead.

I mention all this because while I have tried to inform those members of the correct way to do what they were intending to do, they just don't seem to want to read the Private Message that I send to them . . . and so I keep getting more emails that are not intended for me, and the person they are intended for never receives them. And no, these are not necessarily 'new' members who are doing this. #-o

(C) Now if you are a new member and receive the "Account activation" email from the forum and you are not able to log in, chances are that I have amended your user name to one that conforms to our rules; if you read that notice you will see that your name is not the same as you originally registered. However, I would have sent you an email informing you of that name change before I activated your account; you should check your Spam or Junk mail boxes to see if that email is waiting for you before you 'reply' to that Account Activation email and get angry with me because you can't log in. :sigh:

Okay, seriously, people, life would be so much easier if you were to actually read the emails that are sent to you and follow any instructions provided. :yes:

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.