The Time Has Come... **UPDATED 09-29-2019**

Important information posted by the Administrators. Please take the time to read these because you may be missing out on something important! ** All rules and guidelines of the forum may be found in the "Forum Rules & Guidelines" section. **

Moderator: KimberlyS

SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

The Time Has Come... **UPDATED 09-29-2019**

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Ladies and Gents, the time has finally come . . .

I have made the decision to take the forum offline - permanently - and the official date of that will be on 10-30-2019. :(

The reasons for this decision to permanently shut down the forum are due (1) to the ever-increasing costs of keeping the forum online, (2) not having the finances to make needed security and software improvements and upgrades, (3) not having a Software Admin (a must!!), and (4) less active posting or reading of posts by the members (indeed, there are only ~5 active posters in recent months). Those who have been paying attention know that this was a decision in the making for the past year and a half, and it was only a matter of time when it would be implemented. In addition, although the forum has been online for a total of 16 years, since 2003, I have been running the forum for a total of 14 years and I am tired.

The only way this forum will remain online after 10-30-2019 is if someone is interested in purchasing the entire forum from me, and only serious offers will be considered. That person(s) needs to contact me on or before 10-07-2019 via PM (only) to ensure adequate time to negotiate and make the appropriate ownership changes without a disruption; otherwise, the forum will go offline as scheduled.

There are a few members who made donations (and some made regular donations) towards the forum's finances and, yes, their donations were greatly appreciated, to be sure. However, it appears that the vast majority of members (and moderators) would not and will not donate, and want everything to be given to them free of charge. Sorry, but life doesn't work that way, and everyone who keeps believing that freebies exist and are a 'right' will eventually receive a rude awakening. One of those awakenings is happening now with this 'free' forum shutting down, permanently. Indeed, I don't recall ever seeing a post from any of the non-donors thanking the donors for their monetary contributions, and that's just lame. [-X

Do not mistake this post as being a rant, for it is not. It is a posting of truth and reality.

* The truth is that very few members/moderators (less than 1% of total members) were gracious enough to donate financially to the forum.

* The reality is that nothing in life is free, nor is the upkeep of this forum. It takes money to run and maintain websites.

On a positive note, Virginia and I have met many forum members in real life, in one form or another, and we will continue that friendship after the forum shuts down. We have made friendships with members online, too, and we would like to continue those friendships. To those who would like to remain in contact with either of us, please let me (SL) know via PM.

Again, this forum will be shutting down permanently on 10-30-2019. :sigh:

** IMPORTANT UPDATE - - 29 SEP 2019 **

I have been in contact with a member who has expressed the desire to take over the forum, and I know that she will be the best person to continue what Sharon and Shannon started in 2003, and which I have continued since 2005. \:D/

We are working out the details on the transfer of ownership, but no other details will be provided at this time. :-$

Just rest assured that the forum will remain online, and you will love the new owner. *-*

- SL - previous site admin
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------