Changing but staying the same

Important information posted by the Administrators. Please take the time to read these because you may be missing out on something important! ** All rules and guidelines of the forum may be found in the "Forum Rules & Guidelines" section. **

Moderator: KimberlyS

KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Changing but staying the same

Post by KimberlyS »

First, I would like to thank SilverLady for all of the work she has done with this site over the years. It is not an easy task to keep a web site up and going, secure, and safe. I know she has spent many, many hours behind the scenes administering this site to keep it up, clean, and troll free.

Second, a just as big of thanks to SilverLady for allowing me to continue the good work that this site does. This site provides good quality Cross Dressing and Transgender information in a high quality and supportive atmosphere. First Sharon, and then SilverLady, provided a site where both Cross Dressers and their spouses, and Transgenders can come for information and not have to deal with trolls and those looking to hook up. I plan to continue this direction with the site and hope I can do as good of a job as they have. I am not looking to make vast changes to the site. I want to keep it a clean, conservative place where CDers, spouses, and TGs can feel safe. The big changes will not be to the format and information. They will be in upgrading the site software to a newer version to make it work better with newer browsers and update the flash software used by the chat room that is being phased out and soon will not be supported. With updates and Without flash, newer devices, like tablets and smart phones, will be able to work with the site.

You may wonder why I want to take on the task of continuing this site. Well, I started coming to this site when it was first started. I remember chatter on other sites about a new site being started. I had my doubts because the sites I was on were riddled with trolls and those looking to pick up a CD/TG for just a hook up and that was not what I was looking for. I remember the first time coming to this site. It was very new and very green with little content. I did not join right away because I was skeptical. But as I kept coming back, I watched it grow. After a few months of keeping an eye on the site, I decided to join. The members had grown and so had the content. And, unlike other sites, the trolls, pickups, and other junk was dealt with and not allowed to continue. I liked what I saw and I have continued to like what has been at this site. This site was a safe and welcoming place for me when I was trying to figure out who I was, and I want that to continue on so others can have the same experience I had. I hope I can do as good of a job as Sharon and SilverLady have done. And, so as not to leave out the spouses and SOs....my wife has agreed to moderate that portion of the site. Keeping it a safe place for spouses to visit.

We look forward to seeing you around the site,

kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Re: Changing but staying the same

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Kimberly -

Thank you so very much for the kind words!

I know that with you - and LigeiaSO - running things, the forum will always be in good hands, and the forum's legacy and traditions will continue. The CD community and their spouses and family members, as well as our members who have chosen to transition, will always have a safe haven here.

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------