Shayla

Every story begins somewhere, so tell us how you got started crossdressing. Only one (1) topic per member, please!

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Shayla
Miss Silver Goddess

Shayla

Post by Shayla »

Not sure how to explain my story. Like most, I began dressing in fascination with my mothers clothing and makeup while being home alone after school. When my dad caught me, that was enough to stop for good.

But now over 20 years later in my mid 30s I have new oppurtunities to dress in hotels on business trips. I never had the desire again until I've found this as a new stress relief with a busy demanding job, as well as a wife and kid. Just recently for the first time, I had the chance to become Shayla in my hotel room with dresses wigs and all. Last December in Atlanta, I dressed, but without the wig. But this this time in new orleans, I bought the nails, concealer, lipstick, pantyhose from CVS, in the self checkout of course. Not to mention the perfect size 13 heels from payless and two gorgeous dresses from dressbarn. When I enter into a store of dresses, I get a rush like never before. I was surprised that 24W is a little big for Shayla, she's actually a 22W. :)

The wig was the most challenging thing to buy from FiFi Mahoneys, since the clerk knew that I was buying it to dress up. As a black person, I wanted a more curly looking perm wig to match my ethnicity, but it wasn't available. The wavy wig that I got worked though. I was sooo nervous. But the seller was cool since it WAS Bourbon Street.

When I got all my stuff, it was like Christmas. Putting on the brown concealer,diva red lipstick and gluing the red nails felt so liberating. I especially loved admiring my shapely legs with pantyhose and heels. While dancing in front of the mirror I saw a beautiful woman who didn't have responsibilities in life. She was confident, fun, and sexy. She was definitely a catch for any man who crossed her path. Please hear my heart right now, Shayla only exists in hotel rooms on business trips. When I leave the hotel, I discard all the evidence in a huge trash bag. As a person with so many responsibilities, I have too much to lose let Shayla out in public. So right now, I'm just coming to this forum to share my experience as Shayla to people who understand. If i can retrieve my deleted android photo of Shayla(lol), I'll make it my avatar. I sure miss her though.

*** Post edited to insert spacing between paragraphs (that makes it so much easier for everyone to read!), as per: http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 65&t=10059" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - SL
Last edited by Shayla on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MeganMartin
Miss Crystal Goddess

Re: Shayla

Post by MeganMartin »

We all express our inner girl in different ways and I certainly know how you feel it is a huge stress relieve to dress.

If your ever in Atlanta again let me know, maybe I can take you somewhere for your first outing. Atlanta has lots of accepting places.

On your photos let me recommend dropbox. If you use your phone for pictures you can have them sent to the dropbox and then delete off your phone. So only time you will see the pics on the phone is when you log into Dropbox but there are other cloud services out there.

Megan Martin

" Some guys play golf....I play girl"
Vanessa Archer
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Vanessa Archer »

I'm happy that your able to express yourself in your hotel rooms and such but to have to throw it all away after your done is devestating to me. (Unless of course you put it in the trash bag to hide it) I have purged my cloths many times before, and regreted it every time, I hope you can find a way to give Shayla more time in the spot light, instead of just in a hotel room. A girl needs to get her shopping on.

Cheers,

Vanessa
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Welcome, Shayla.

You could always put the stuff in store and get it when you went out of town. That way you can get used to your look and build on it rather than having to keep altering it.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Shayla
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Shayla »

Thanks everyone for your input. This makes Shayla feel special. Thanks for the advice on storing clothes. The challenge in that would be that I ride to the airport with my family as well as get picked up. But that's not going to stop Shayla. :)
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

OMG Shayla??!! Did I see that right? Every time you get stuff, you throw it away??!!! Oh GF, we all need to teach you how to hide things. We need you to save your precious money for more things even if not for dressing.

I saw in the FAQs you asked which is the best forum? The topics lend themselves to what's going to be discussed and you can just see what folks are talking about in each of them. Come chat too. It's not always just talking about being a girl, we talk about anything that strikes our fancy or we just need to talk about for whatever reason.
{squeezes}
Davita
Shayla
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Shayla »

I know, I have a lot to learn about storing stuff away. I appreciate everyone's support on this board and respecting the fact that I haven't come out to anyone.
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

Hi Shayla. It was nice of you to share your beginnings with us.

I had to read the line about disposing of your apparel when leaving the hotel twice to believe what I was reading. All that beautiful clothing and accessories going to the trash!!! Or do you pass it to a Goodwill Store?

Thank you again.
Requal
PaulaGarnet GG
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by PaulaGarnet GG »

Hi Shayla,

If I may make a suggestion, Requal's idea is very good but another choice could be
a woman's shelter, if you can find one in the area. I'm sure the women that are in those shelters would love to be the recipient of your wonderful taste in clothes. Please put them on your list of considerations. They may even have a vehicle that could pick them up at your hotel.
I'm a GG and love to chat with anyone, except people that hate.
Shayla
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Shayla »

Great idea! Thanks for the suggestions ladies!
Carly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Carly »

If you have the money to buy new items on each trip you may be able to keep your secret. Hiding anything, including the fact that you have a storage locker, at some point will likely be discovered with the resulting explanation getting you into more trouble than if you were honest with your significant other. You will read many accounts of many of us being discovered and it frequently leads to trust issues. There are areas in the forum that address how to approach the subject. I may not be married now if I did that but I would not have made the one person I care for the most so unhappy.
Carly