School dress.

Every story begins somewhere, so tell us how you got started crossdressing. Only one (1) topic per member, please!

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Angela Russell
Miss Sapphire Goddess

School dress.

Post by Angela Russell »

I started dressing as a girl at 12 or 13, after watching a show on television. In the show were a group of dancing girls, & when I saw them it made me wonder what it would be like to dress as a girl. As soon as I got an opportunity, when nobody was around, I went into my older sisters room looking for something to try on. She had left her school summer dress on her bed, so here was my big chance. I put the dress on and had a look in the mirror. WOW, that was it, I was totally hooked from that day, & have never looked back since. Over the years I've taken every opportunity to dress, & loved every minute of it. I just wish I could get more time now.
Amelie-Laveau
Permanently Banned

Post by Amelie-Laveau »

Borrowing sis's clothes at an early age is a common theme among us. I feel sad for guys who were lone children, they would have to borrow clothes from their aunt, not their cool dressed sister, which usually started the girdle fetishes in them

Anyways, nice intro and welcome to the forum Angela.
PattiG
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by PattiG »

Interesting thought, Amelie. I was an only child. Maybe that's why I didn't get this way until later life?

Patti
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

I'm one of those only children left home alone while mom worked, at 14 her cloths fit me better then they did her. :P
CherryLynn
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by CherryLynn »

I'd try on my older sisiter's clothes- lingerie etc. She got into the act too- let me play with her barbie dolls. I did have fun dressing barbie pretty dresses. My Sister, Sue, let me wear her Girl scout uniform.
Just starting to explore my feminine nature- am very shy meek and demure. Addicted to looking and acting ladylike. Still have so many questions about exactly who I am- have so many mixed emotions about my gender issues.
Marjory
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Marjory »

My sister was 3 years older than me and her clothes fit me perfectly. I especially loved the pleated skirts. Later, when I was in high school, I used to buy my own stuff (brave). I bought a pair of shoes one time in 10th grade and the guy asked me if I want to try them on. I said they weren't for me but he knew better and had me try them on and then got me the right size. I guessed at that time there were more of me.
My neighborhood was a cluster of CDs the boy across the street wore his mothers heels to walk the dog and sometimes her house coat. The boy behind me wore his sister's shorts and shoes including the Black patent ones... they were much braver then I was

Marjory
CherryLynn
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by CherryLynn »

There were a couple of guys in my School that loved to get dolled up.
I wasn't the only guy to go a Hallween party dressed as a girl- there were other boys dressed as girls too. Made things so much easier.
Just starting to explore my feminine nature- am very shy meek and demure. Addicted to looking and acting ladylike. Still have so many questions about exactly who I am- have so many mixed emotions about my gender issues.
PattiG
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by PattiG »

Wow! That's hard for me to imagine, LOL. However, seeing you are from NJ, that's consistent with the mapping project that shows more of us on the east and west coasts, not here in the midwest,

Patti
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

I had a sister 5 years younger than me. I once talked her and my younger brother into us trying on our mom's clothes together. I wore my moms clohtes and those of other older women; aunts and cousins, when I could.

I wonder if there is a dichotomy of style among us based on wether as children we used our mothers or our sisters clothing.

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
Brucelina

Re: School dress.

Post by Brucelina »

as a only child i was not able to dress as a school girl but in the last year or so i have started to dress as a school girl to see how i would look dressed as a school girl
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

This is an interesting topic. I never did get to dress as a school girl whilst in school. That said the whole schoolgirl couture is a bit of a fantasy thing on the list to be be explored.

This raises few thoughts -- whilst we can't go back in time to be a schoolgirl, albeit a crossdessed one, we can as crossdressers do some mental what-if. This is, to me, one of teh most appealing aspects of crossdressing, in that I can be anything I want to, schoolgirl, go-go dancer, or -- if really stretch my mind mind, a tomboy or butch lesbian.

But -- back to the topic at hand -- again, I didn't get to dress as a school or wear a school uniform (boys or girls) etc way back then - but I can assure you that at age 13, underneath my regular boy's clothes, I was attired, when I could get away with it, like the other girls my age, in training bra and panties. That was super re-affirming of who I am as a person.

I didd however -- settle for a substitute of getting to wear a girl's gym uniform, which I, ahem, stole from the girls lockerroom (Bless me Father, for I have sinned ....).

There is one angle though that did tie into it all -- I wanted to be a Girl Scout/ Brownie Scout since I was 5 years old.

I always like to relate this story because it is one of those important influential events in my history.

When I was 13, I was in the Boy Scouts. Its Halloween 1970, and in 3 months and 5 days or so (5 February 1971 at about 1PM) I would buy my first training bra, my Teencharm. It was the scout troop halloween party, and I guess I went as something dumb like a cowboy. Yuck-phoo-ee. BUT -- one of my fellow boy scouts was there dressed as a girl scout, and he made a point to show us that he was wearing a training bra. He was as a proud as any girl! It was so cool. I don't remember what style/ brand it was, but I do remember that it was a proper training bra, unpadded and and unstuffed with tissue etc. Fit him perfectly if I recall. I wonder to this day if his mum bought it especially for him.

I was captivated -- In fact I was as green as his girl scout uniform with envy -- and knew at that point that I wanted not only a girl scout uniform, but a training bra as well. I NEEDED to have a training bra. And so it was 3 months and 5 days later that the idea to start wearing a bra popped in my mind again on a shopping trip to G C Murphys, and yes I did wear it under my boy scout uniform a few times. The rest is blissful history -- and I did get a proper 1970s vintage girl scout uniform back in the 1990s

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

You bring back memories of my days in the Scouts, Toni. Our troop used to have an annual show night for the parents and every year I was selected to play the female roles.

I was in my element, dressed, with approval, in my sisters stockings and garter belt, bra, half slip, blouse, skirt and shoes. All fitted me perfectly, as I knew they would from my secret dressing.

I did not have to hide the fact that I was wearing my sister's clothes and I relished the time in costume.
Requal
Tammy

Post by Tammy »

I was also an only child, but didn't have to sneak my mom's clothes. The Summer that I turned 8, she started dressing me in girl clothes. It started with the shorts and shirts, as my boy clothes disappeared. She decided to start me at the new school as her daughter. I don't know how she did it, but I was a girl in school. From that time on I never had any boy stuff. Age 8 was the last time I wore clothes from the boy section.
Janine O
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Janine O »

I had could only a sister who was 4 years younger than I was, so the chance to share her dresses was not likely. I did try on one of her party dresses when I was 10, but I could only get it over my shoulders part way. It took me another year before I dared to try on some of my mom's undies and nightie. That sent me on the path of crossdressing forever.
AnnMarie Sweet
Miss Crystal Goddess

Re:

Post by AnnMarie Sweet »

Marjory wrote:...My neighborhood was a cluster of CDs the boy across the street wore his mothers heels to walk the dog and sometimes her house coat. The boy behind me wore his sister's shorts and shoes including the Black patent ones... they were much braver then I was

Marjory
This was my experience too! There were a group of us - myself, my older brother, his friend & younger brother - who 'dragged-up' on a few occasions. None of us dared to wear ladies' underwear or clothing when out and about (mind you, I have no way of knowing if one or more of the group wore panties under their 'boy clothes').