Tights/Pantyhose

Every story begins somewhere, so tell us how you got started crossdressing. Only one (1) topic per member, please!

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

MichelleZ
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Re: Tights/Pantyhose

Post by MichelleZ »

I love nylons and wear pantyhose everyday 24/7.

Oh, the feeling on shaved legs is out of this world!

The only time I don't have pantyhose on is when I'm in the shower or wearing stockings with a garter belt. Tried thigh highs but they don't want to stay up and are impossible to pull up under jeans.

My old GF took charge one day and mandated" if you're going to wear nylons, you need to do it like a lady (music to my heart) and no more cover up socks!!!" So for yers now I go out shopping, etc with my nyloned ankles exposed wearing women's loafers.

After forgetting her birthday twice she punished me by painting my toes for a weekend, then another weekend, then another and I was hooked on painted toes in sheer toe nylons. Doesn't feel right to not having them painted anymore.

She admitted to having a nyloned foot fetish on guys and gals and paints my toes every week or two. Whenever she visits first thing she says is show me your toes!
Gina
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Gina »

All the above for me also ladies.

I would love to shave my legs, but summers in TEXAS are so hot...and I would be "noted" especially by my daughters when at home. My very first CD experience was with a pair of nylon, classic stockings.
be a light in the world,
Gina
DebbieW
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by DebbieW »

I am glad the tights/pantyhose issue has been raised because in my view hosiery is an essential part of cross dressing. It was my fascination with women wearing tights, which goes back many years ago that eventually led to my cross dressing. I started wearing tights under trousers and wore socks over them. I wear tights under trousers for warmth during the cooler months. I don’t wear socks anymore. As it is opaques that I wear under my trousers they would pass off as socks and nobody is going to notice. I have even worn flesh tone sheer tights under trousers and nobody has noticed. To me wearing tights under trousers does not only make me feel good and keeps me warm but it is also a good way of reaching out to my feminine side and nobody is the wiser for it. I personally am not a stockings fan. When wearing tights I like the feeling of being covered from the toes right up my waist. I would never wear a skirt or dress without tights.

I have opaque tights in colours ranging from black, blue, brown, red, purple, berry and teal. I also have some pairs of sheer flesh tone and nearly black and I have recently obtained a pair of nearly black polka dot tights and I am delighted with them. :) ..^..
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I agree with you Debbie, I love the colored tights, and the pattern tights. For cold weather and a short skirt, I like to wear sweater tights, and a sweater to match them :)
But I do like pantyhose and stockings as well. I think they give a more sophisticated look that is better with an evening dress and heels.
Is it my imagination, or have prices on tights gone way up lately? I used to find them all the time for like $5-8 at Target and other department stores, now they are like $10-12. Of course I won't buy the cheap Walmart junk from China, I guess that is part of it. Maybe I need to look for a good online source. I get my pantyhose from Berkshire (made in US and reasonably priced) but they don't have tights.
ArleneMcCarthy
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by ArleneMcCarthy »

Wearing hose is a very essential part of this old gal's CD'ing experience, as is lipstick and bra's. =D>
Proud LGBT Supporter. I live 24/7 as a non-transitioned woman.ArleneRaquel - My lifestyle is very important to me & I love it and I love the opportunity to meet fellow CD's, & LGBT folks.
MichelleZ
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by MichelleZ »

Ralitsa wrote:I agree with you Debbie, I love the colored tights, and the pattern tights. For cold weather and a short skirt, I like to wear sweater tights, and a sweater to match them :)
But I do like pantyhose and stockings as well. I think they give a more sophisticated look that is better with an evening dress and heels.
Is it my imagination, or have prices on tights gone way up lately? I used to find them all the time for like $5-8 at Target and other department stores, now they are like $10-12. Of course I won't buy the cheap Walmart junk from China, I guess that is part of it. Maybe I need to look for a good online source. I get my pantyhose from Berkshire (made in US and reasonably priced) but they don't have tights.

Yes the price of quality nylons has gone way up. Nordstrom's house brand pantyhose has gone from $7 to $11 in just a few short years. I remember the days when Hanes, Leggs, etc ran tv commercials and sale ads in newspapers to market their product. Now I don't see any ads, the variety of shades is much less and the department store displays are a mere shadow of what they used to be. JCP even dropped the Sheer Caress hoisery line in stores - and those were some mighty fine nylons, now their sales are down by 31% and in danger of going the way of Montgomery Wards. Go figure

Seems to me the marketing is all backwards :-k
DebbieW
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by DebbieW »

I buy my tights from Marks and Spencers. They are the best and are really comfortable. Here are some links and anyone living outside the UK shall find these tights worth the postage and packaging costs. I normally buy a pack of three navy mix for £9.50 which consists of a pair of navy blue, black and chocolate brown. I went online to buy another pack only to find that they were out of stock. I hope and pray that this product is not going to be discontinued. These tights are 60 denier and I take a size XL and the stretch is amazing.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pairs-Bo ... 1363092468" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pairs-60 ... 1363092528" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pairs-Bo ... 1363092625" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MichelleZ
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by MichelleZ »

Thanks Debbie for posting the M&S links, nice website.

FYI all hoisery lovers, for a limited time they have free shipping to the USA!

I'm going to try some, having a hard time making up my mind, the 40 denier is in stock.....

Michelle
Janice
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Janice »

Thanks Debbie for links but they only have the larger sizess in stock.
DebbieW
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by DebbieW »

Hi Janice and Michele. If you go to the Marks and Spencers website and type in tights for women you shall find that there is quite a large choice ranging from sheer and opaque tights and hopefully the right sizes for you. Best of luck.
Rose N.
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Rose N. »

Tights. For me that's exactly what they are - tight. ..OO..

Whilst they are useful, or even essential, to not look too stupid whilst dressing (or is that just me who looks a little ridiculous) I find them just too restricting around the crotch area. That's why I now go for skirts, they give freedom of movement rather than restricting my "tackle".

I do go for hold-ups or even stockings with sussy belt occasionally, but for preference shaved legs in normal everyday wear.
Straight crossdresser - A man in a skirt, really!
I just love the freedom.
DebbieW
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by DebbieW »

Rose N. wrote:Tights. For me that's exactly what they are - tight. ..OO.. .
Crotch restriction is common complaint. I buy sheer tights from the Big Bloomer Company http://www.thebigbloomerscompany.co.uk/ ... INDEX.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. They have amazing stretch and are not restricting. A little on the expensive side. For me I know that when I'm in woman mode tights are a must. Shaved legs no matter what kind of hosiery is essential.

Edited for excessive quote. viewtopic.php?f=65&t=10059 LZ
AnnBrook

Post by AnnBrook »

Sheer hosiery is essential for me. I go through phases of tights or stockings. The feel of hosiery is devine. Regarding tights. I do prefer tights which are less restrictive heavy content of nylon. Though m and s autograph range is good.
Sheer is the new sheer
Christine.Lolita
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Christine.Lolita »

I have alway worn pantyhose and tights when I dress, even when I had my legs shaved. They are an essential item for any outfit I wear.
TammyT
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by TammyT »

I've never shaved my legs, simply because I like my manly legs. Also, I'm a tall and skinny guy with a rather feminine build and features (as pointed out once or twice by female friends), and I figure that shaving my legs may bring unwanted attention to my shapely, girly build. I would like to do it one day, but only when I can take advantage of it, and hopefully when in the company of my future wife or a female confidant.

Thanks to automated checkouts at supermarkets, the only piece of female clothing that I own is a pair of opaque nylon tights, and on one weekend I got to wear them with a pair of flats and a pair of heels. I would have loved a dress or skirt to take it further, but alas.
Very happy being a guy, but I also love fashion. We are all valued, and my feminine side is just one facet of the gem as a whole.