First Shopping Expedition For Tights

Every story begins somewhere, so tell us how you got started crossdressing. Only one (1) topic per member, please!

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Belinda
Miss Emerald Goddess

First Shopping Expedition For Tights

Post by Belinda »

Not a great start for me I went to Woolworths and purchased a pair of black 20 denier, very disapointed. My next trip was much better I went to Marks and Spencers in the uk with a much better selection. My only mistake was buying a pair of support tights in Boots, I didnt need those at aged 21.

As time went on my confidence grew and I began to enjoy the delights of buying hosiery in the department stores in the big city, my favourite was the House Of Fraaser. Such a lot to choose from, Aristoc and Pretty Polly were amongst my favourites. The most lovely pair I purchased was a pair of Pretty Polly tights in Bitter Choclolate, they made my legs look great, I felt like a chorus girl, I coudlnt believe it.

I still wasnt sure about the thickness of tights in those days I wanted very black tights, but with help from the assistants I learned about forty and sixty denier opaques.

Around about the mid-eigthies coloured tights were all the rage and I bought some lovely red and purple tights, I also had to get a pair of seamed black tights after being really envious of seeing a girl wear them on a visit to the cinema.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: First Shopping Expedition For Tights

Post by Ralitsa »

maybe that's the way the first time always is, we get the wrong thing and all the anticipation turns to unfulfilled desire...
but we keep coming back until we get it right :)
I love pantyhose and tights, and have dozens of them now. I think you can never have too many, there are so many styles, patterns, shades; you need to have one for every occasion.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

I can't remember if my first hose were the right size or not. I do know that over the years I have managed to buy something too small or something too large or something just plain ugly. Early on I remember not making the returns and eventually making sure the things I should return and could return were returned. I used to be frustrated with having the make the returns; now it's just something that happens now and then. Now the returns are just another chance to shop.
{squeezes}
Davita
Faye

Post by Faye »

I can still remember buying my first pair of tights . I could not wait to wear them and as soon as my mother and sister left the house I went into my sisters room and put on her pleated skirt , blouse and heels.

I walked towards the full length mirror in the room and felt myself gasp as I looked at myself , my legs in sheer nylon and me feeling so special .

I love tights and as I now venture out more as Faye I keep a good supply of various shades for all occasions .
Anna
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Anna »

My first experience of this was when I was in London for an interview. I got back to Kings Cross, and then went to the first local shop and asked for a pair in a dark shade, The shopkeeper didn't flinch. She just gave them to me, took the money, and that was that! Luckily they fit and looked great.
Anna x

What seems like the right thing to do could also be the hardest thing you have ever done in your life.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Gosh, I have no recollection of my first purchase of tights. I can remember I wore opaque tights Thursday last week because the darn office is so cold. I'm going to wear tights tomorrow since the office is still running cold.

When I wear my tights for w**k, I used to hide them with socks, even the opaque ones. Now, I'll not bother with the socks and they feel much better that way.
{squeezes}
Davita
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I agree, Davita. I often wear tights instead of socks, especially when it's cold. In fact I need to go shopping for some soon, as my selection is running low.
Belinda
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Belinda »

My selection is running low as well. This time of year is a great time to shop for tights/pantyhose. I could spend all day shopping in Marks And Spencers, House Of Fraser and Dorothy Perkins is fab too for.
Rosabella

Post by Rosabella »

My dear wife went with me to several stores to get me several pairs of tights. I've been hooked on wearing them since and buying new colors that I don't have. I'm wearing a new color right now.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

today was a perfect day to wear a new pair of colorful tights. I'm in PA visiting my kids for Thanksgiving and this morning when I woke up it was snowing a little. So I decided it was perfect weather to wear that new pair of teal tights I bought a while back and haven't had the opportunity for wearing yet. Then I had to pick out the rest of my outfit to match, but luckily I have a green dress with a leaf print that goes well with them. With a black shrug and black boots, it's casual and comfortable, and suits the weather perfectly. I love my clothes @@9@@
Gillian
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Gillian »

Clothes shopping is like learning to ride a bicycle. The first couple of times, you are nervious, and out of your comfort zone. The more that you do it, the more comfortable you get to the point of not thinking about it anymore. The only thing that bugs me now is then I go looking for my size in a certain color and they are out of stock.
So I concluded that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to enjoy themselves as long as they can. People should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of there labor, for these are gifts from God.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

the more comfortable you get to the point of not thinking about it anymore
not so, I think about it all the time, like: when can I go next, how much money can I spend on some new outfits, what can I invent an excuse for "needing", do they have anything I really like..... rotf

You are exactly right though Gillian, the worst thing is finding something that's really cute and they don't have your size. Or, they have the style I like in my size but not the color I want. Then I have to think, do I get it anyway even though I wish it were the other color, or do I buy the color I want and hope I can fit into it.

Of course with tights that is not an issue, but in general. So it just means that I have to keep shopping; dang that's too bad :lol: