First shopping trip

Every story begins somewhere, so tell us how you got started crossdressing. Only one (1) topic per member, please!

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

ErinS

First shopping trip

Post by ErinS »

I have been dressing for many years and shopping for many years as well. BUt when i did shop I would go a big store and grap stuff off the rack go to the mens area grab a few thing and go in and only try on the girls stuff. One day while in a big departmen store I was loking at some jeans in the ladys area and was asked if i need any help I said yes can i try on some jeans, The lady was verry rude and gave me a dirty look and said they are ladys stuff and u need to use the mens dreasssing room if u want to try stuff on. So I just left went back into the mall to. I felt like crap and just look around the rest of the mall for a while. Well things all changed for the better this day as I went to Maurices and was looking around at some jeans when the sales girl come over and aske if I need any help I told her no and she said if you do need any help let me know. SO after looking for 10 min she came back and asked if I needed help again this time I said yes i was looking for jeans. She then asked who are they for a gf or a wife i then said no it was for myslelf. Hope she would be nicer then than the last lady. She was like ok lets find some and get u a room ready. I ended up leaving with 2 pairs of jeans. A few months later I went back to the same store and she was working again. She asked if i was looking for jeans again and i said yes. I tired on a few and keep looking. I was looking at some tops and she asked me if I wanted to try other stuff on. I was like she already knows u wear girls stuff and the mall was not at all busy that do so i went for it. I enede up trying on a few skirts and some tops. She aske if was looking for something for a special functioin to wear out and i said yes. SHe aske what it was for, I told her halloween. SHe then suggest a few dresses and I loved them but a little to much to spend on. I ended up getting a Skirt cami and a blouse and wore it out on hallowen. Its on place for sure i will go to for my next trip for girls cloths
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: First shopping trip

Post by Davita »

First, the rude saleslady, if she was commissioned could have cost her quite a lot of money. As for sending you to the men's department to try things on, some dept stores do have a policy against men in ladies dressing rooms. If you think about it, it just makes good sense. I was told I couldn't even go in the dressing room with Ro a couple times I tried.

Again, for the rudeness, I won't tolerate it and depending on my mood, I write complaints to the store or region etc, depending on what's available. I'm the customer and the reason why a store is open. They should know when a salesperson is costing them a sale. If you don't really want to get a particular sales person in trouble, you can still complain and ask the sales staff in that department be reminded why they are there.

Now about the smart sales person, she made a happy customer who returns and spends money. Letting you try things on could be she was breaking policy or the 1st one lied. Not going to go there. The important thing is that you know which it was because you don't want to get the good salesperson in trouble and you really don't want to scare other customers.

I'm glad you finally got good service and can enjoy your shopping. We all deserve it; we're worth it.
{squeezes}
Davita
ErinS

Post by ErinS »

I did not have problem using the mens dressing room the problem was the way she talked to me about wanting to try on female clothing. By the way the store was Macys. Idid write a e mail to them to them and they said I could try stuff on and she should have not treated me that way. As far as the second store it was Maurices. I again wtore to them saying how good i was treated . I did recieve an e mail back saying I could go into any fo there store and try the stuff on and even sent me a coupon for my next visit .
Ginny Jones
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ginny Jones »

Erin - meeting people like the helpful SA in the shop is like a moment of grace isn't it! The world all slots together nicely and Gods in his heaven! Glad you were brave and hung in there by taking a risk. Nothing ventured an all that!

hugs Ginny x
Paula G
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Paula G »

I've just got to agree with Davita, but then I usually do. This reminds me, a while back I was out shopping with my friend P at a Matalan we both had some stuff to try on, a dress for me and some trousers and tops for P. There was a queue for the ladies changing rooms, after we had been waiting a while P asked if we could use the men's changing rooms, but the SA told us quite firmly that was not allowed, "after all you never know....we can't allow men in the ladies changing rooms, so we shouldn't let ladies in the men's" P could barely contain herself, I thought she was going to wet herself trying not to laugh.
Paula

Just because you don't believe it, that doesn't mean it's not true
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Paula G wrote:...but the SA told us quite firmly that was not allowed, "after all you never know....we can't allow men in the ladies changing rooms, so we shouldn't let ladies in the men's" P could barely contain herself, I thought she was going to wet herself trying not to laugh.
Thank you Paula, I needed that laugh tonight. I guess that is your answer to the question of do you pass. ``5
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Azurielle
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Azurielle »

I usually use the mens' changerooms regardless if I'm in male mode. It just loves most of the arguments, although l've had a saleslady go all hawkeye on me for trying on bras, but I'm pretty sure its just because she thought I was stealing/doing unspeakable things with them or something. It's pretty sad when roughly 80% of the populace thinks we're deranged sexual deviants *sigh*.
''We are strong, yet we don't belong. Born in this world as it all falls apart.''
Carol Esme
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Carol Esme »

I've had nothing but positive reactions and help from sales assistants everywhere, except today at a charity shop.
I was examining racks of skirts when the elderly volunteer minder piped up, "the men's stuff is in the next room" I thanked her and said I'd look there later. I found a denim skirt, virtually new, exactly what I had looked unsuccessfully for on ebay and in my size. They had a sale on and it was reduced from $5 to $2!! I said "I'll take this" and handed over my $2. She looked like I had a bad smell. I guess you get what you pay for in shop assistants.
Carol
Anna
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Anna »

Carol Esme wrote:I've had nothing but positive reactions and help from sales assistants everywhere, except today at a charity shop.
I was examining racks of skirts when the elderly volunteer minder piped up, "the men's stuff is in the next room" I thanked her and said I'd look there later. I found a denim skirt, virtually new, exactly what I had looked unsuccessfully for on ebay and in my size. They had a sale on and it was reduced from $5 to $2!! I said "I'll take this" and handed over my $2. She looked like I had a bad smell. I guess you get what you pay for in shop assistants.
Oh, well, it takes all sorts. (Miserable old coot!)
Anna x

What seems like the right thing to do could also be the hardest thing you have ever done in your life.
Latanya
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Latanya »

carol u should have looked straight in the eye and said "cant wait to get home and wear it, its just what i been looking for." " and maybe next time i am here i show u how it fits me" :mrgreen:
The fem side of me is ever evolving and growing.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Good idea Latanya.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Carol Esme wrote: She looked like I had a bad smell. I guess you get what you pay for in shop assistants.
A lot of places she won't last very long if she gets caught doing that. Especially if it's a commercial rather than a charity shop - which is kind of what you're saying. But, on the other hand, I've had some of my best experiences buying stuff in charity shops - like where people were genuinely interested and wanted to engage.

Mostly I let stuff like that go. A couple of times I've had "looks" from customers and have felt they have had no right to make me feel miserable so they've had a glare back. Stopped them both times.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Carol Esme
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Carol Esme »

Ah. So you too have the "I will turn you into a pillar of salt look" that you can throw.
Carol
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Oh, It must be the divine power moving me... Trouble is it seems to be bouncing off more and more...
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Jacqueline Landau
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Jacqueline Landau »

Some shopping experience! I remember the very first time I ever purchased woman's clothes I was dressed as a man, not having anything to wear lady-like yet. But even when I shopped as a man, I never had anyone harrassed me. Of course, I was WAY too shy to ask anyone for help... Still, I understand how that must have felt and I would have felt completely miserable too. I think you did what was best under the curcumstances. And I am glad that your next shopping experiences turned out quite the opposite! We need ALL the positive reinforcement we ca get.