how it all started

Every story begins somewhere, so tell us how you got started crossdressing. Only one (1) topic per member, please!

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Kelly Marie Ross
Miss Silver Goddess

how it all started

Post by Kelly Marie Ross »

i think it started like i was around 4-5 i remember taking my sister skirts out of hamper and wearing them for a cpl of min then as i got older in our spare bathroom mom had a cpl of dresses i use to wear and when i got to the age mom trusted to leave me alone when went to the store i found a 1 peice bathing suit which i feel in love with, then i misjudged time and mom caught me so anything that was left out was gone. so i stoped for a bit then started back then got married then it started again wore the ex wife wedding dress which was a rush right there maybe next i get married ill be the one to wear the wedding dress hehe so i had tons of choices to wear. then divorced not over dressing so i started again with wat i held back from her stuff then i got a gf and moved in so i ended up throwing away everything i had now the itch is back i just dont want to spend money and be wrong size since i be buying blind online. so with the past few yrs itch is getting stronger which leds me to finding u all . looking fwd to learning
Karen Ski
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: how it all started

Post by Karen Ski »

-wel- Welcome to the Forum Kelly! I am sure the girls can help you with your questions, we don't bite! Well, maybe if you ask nice. :lol:
Deidre Taylor
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Deidre Taylor »

Welcome Kelly -wel- Come on in, grab your favorite beverage and join in. Learning is what it is all about. I have been dressing since I was about 7 and on a very regular basis since i was 13 so ask away! I think you will like it here. The girls here are sweet and very loving, not something you find in all forums.
ArleneMcCarthy
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by ArleneMcCarthy »

kelly,
Welcome darlin, you have joined a fantastic site. =D>
Proud LGBT Supporter. I live 24/7 as a non-transitioned woman.ArleneRaquel - My lifestyle is very important to me & I love it and I love the opportunity to meet fellow CD's, & LGBT folks.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Kelly finding the right size of clothes can be a challenge. I would requimend that you go to a full service store and ask for help., Go during a time when they are not as busy like in the morning shortly after they open or on a night mid week that is not as busy. It is a bit scary at first, but just walk in and ask for help. You do not have to give them your whole story. Just say tell them what you are looking for. Like something like "I am looking for a nice summer outift, top with 3/4 sleeves and a skirt". Or something else that you want. If they ask for what size, just say my size, or say I am not sure what size I am and continue looking at the nearest rack of clothes.

You may be freaking out on the inside, but remain calm and just interact with the sales person like what you are talking about is no a big deal as it is no big deal. Do not worry if a sales person pauses when they realize it is for you, it is just sinking in and they are going through a mental adjustment, they will come to quickly. I have found most sales people are more then happy to help you find clothes and get the right size. Act like a serious shopper, be a serious shopper, be treated like a serious shopper.

Over the years I have only had a few sales people that did not seem to want to help me. I just told them thank you and went on to the next store finding a helpful sales person. I have found the full service stores the best to shop in and the most helpful. For trying on things it is best and easiest to go when the store is not as busy. But that being said I once had a VS sales gal drag me into a busy fitting room when I was hesitant about which size i wore. Funny thing is I was the only one that was freaking out on the inside in that fitting room as about 4 gals seen me come into the fitting room and two seen me leave and none of them were screaming "hey it is a guy in here". But it was only a guy who seen me exit the fitting room from accross the store that seemed freaked as he he kept pointing and looking at me and interacting with his SO who did not seem to care.

Shop and enjoy,

kimberlys cd
joe in a skirt
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

Hi Kelly. Sizing in the beginning can be tricky, especially buying online as different labels do vary slightly in sizes.
What I buy at Kmart is size 14 however the similar style at TARGET is size 16.

A suggestion is to buy a couple of not so expensive items at a size larger than your male size and try them out.

Buying at "Thrift Stores" (I call them OP Shops) is also a suggestion for less expensive clothing.

I do not go out dressed and do all my shopping in "male mode", underwear and the lot. If you are pleasant to sales assistant they are pleasant to you and if asked I say I am buying for my wife. I also have my sizes written down in my wallet so this also supports my buying for the wife.
Requal