Not sure how, when or why it started for me

Every story begins somewhere, so tell us how you got started crossdressing. Only one (1) topic per member, please!

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Shelby
Miss Emerald Goddess

Not sure how, when or why it started for me

Post by Shelby »

I can't recall when my fascination with women's clothing, shoes and makeup started. I do know, as a very young boy, I would fantasize about the girls in school catching me and making me dress up in girly clothes. So, at an early age recognized that I had a submissive side to me and still do; my wife and I play around with some light BDSM from time to time and I prefer to be the sub.
As far as the dressing is concerned, the earliest recollection of ever wearing women's clothing was as a teenager. My mother would store some of her winter / summer clothes in the attic (we had a finished attic) and I would occasionally sneak up there when no one was home, and would try some things on. I recall a white leather skirt that she had that I had to try on; it felt very sexy.
I would also take advantage of having the house to myself and would play with her makeup.
I never had feelings that I was supposed to be a woman or wanted to be with a man; I just liked the way the clothes and makeup made me feel.
Like many of you, I'm sure, I suppressed these feelings for 30 or more years until just recently when I confided to my wife of 26 years. You see I had a bought with cancer a few years ago and am still not fully cured (that takes 5 years of clean test results). After having gone to see Kinky Boots with her and recognizing how much I wanted to have a pair of shoes myself, I figured; you know what? I could have died and never allowed myself to explore my fantasies; I finally just said F-it, I am going to play around with this and see where it takes me.
I told my wife, she has fully embraced it and has asked a number of times why I didn't tell her sooner. Needless to say, we're having a lot of fun exploring this side of our lives.

So if any of you are on the fence about allowing yourselves to explore this side of your life; I encourage you to just do it.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Not sure how, when or why it started for me

Post by Ralitsa »

Wow, Keay. I'm glad you did decide to just go ahead and do what makes you happy, before it's too late. And it's great that your wife is so supportive and accepting; that's awesome and not something that all of us have.
Welcome to the site!
Angie G
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Angie G »

I'm 68 years old and started at about 11 or 12 years old with shoes. And thing stored in the attic. Thing that belonged to a woman in one of the other uapartments, Dresses skirts shoes. Dressed on and off till 10 ago wheI came out to my wife who is really good with it. should have come out a lot sooner. (--)
Angie
Kitty
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Kitty »

Ralitsa -

Yes, after my mother died, I realized we're all not on this planet long.

Just live life the way you want to - as long as it doesn't harm others.

Not everybody will like or understand what you're doing, but who gives a %$*$.

Do what you wanna do. And anyway, it's a harmless pastime. It's only clothes and make up. Heels, too! ..|/-

*** Post edited to remove redundant quote, as per: http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 65&t=10059" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - SL
You get one life, live it the way you want - as long as you don't harm others
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

Thanks for sharing with us Keay. It is great that your wife is supportive as you will now have enjoyment for a long time to come. Have fun catching up with all the years you missed.
Requal
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Thank you for sharing, Keay! Having your wife's support is awesome. Just have fun and be fabulous! :bigsmile:
Martha
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Martha »

Thanks for sharing. I too wish I had told my wife sooner. Since then, my life has been on open book with her with many other things. It has really made our marriage even stronger.

Martha
CathyAnn
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by CathyAnn »

I tried on my mom's bra and panties once in my late teens but nothing else until around my fifties or so. The started wearing my wife's bras, panties and stockings for awhile when I was home alone. The feel of them really turned me on. But I stopped until a year or so ago and I started wearing them again. Being late in life, I finally said to myself " why not" and came out to my wife. To my surprise she was okay with it. I now wear underwear, skirts, dresses and shoes when I can, but only home as I don't think I'm passable. She even gets me some things. When I'm. Dressed I feel like a women. Love it!
Robbie
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Robbie »

I too had an accepting SO. It makes it so enjoyable when you do things together. Shopping trips become adventures!
CathyAnn
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by CathyAnn »

I have really started CDing around the past year or so. I really started late in life, I'm in my early seventies. I try to dress just about every day if I don't have to go out for long. I too have been having a problem with cancer. My doctor tells me it's not the kind that kills you. I hope he's right but he has taken it out four times in the past year and a half,the last time about three weeks ago. I enjoy dressing and I hope I have a lot of years to enjoy it.

On another note, I would like to chat with everyone but I still haven't been able to get into the chat room. When I click on the chat room I just get a blank screen. I haven't been able to start a new private message to get help either. Some day!
Robbie
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Robbie »

Cathy Ann, Scroll down the index page to the Sharbeau Lounge. Click there to get into chat.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Well, at any age...I am 60 but lived in the closet about it until just a few years ago. It's awful that many many men like us feel absolutely compelled to keep it all in a closet feeling we could lose everything and then be shunned by everyone. I am now so ...old... and I have always, hell I used to think of 50 as the beginning of old. But you cannot go back we can only move forward from where we are. So with the help of you wife you should be able to improve and enjoy being who you have always been inside. I do believe women do not give men like us credit and many fail to see that we make outstanding partners who are loyal, loving, dependable and that we do not see ourselves as having a status higher than that of our partners.
Go with the flow
Eloise
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Eloise »

Hi Shelby,

Thanks for sharing indeed... for me was similar. Since my early years, may besin ce I was 13 or 14 yr old or so I had this fantasies as well, but as o you say, never felt like liking men, inded, to the day I feel completely etherosexual, but I can say many times my soul feels the one of a woman, a woman who chose to have fun encarnating as a man. I'm in my 49s, by now I have shared this with many friends and that was a huge liberation. Recently I dared to go to the cinema with a good friend, an ex couple. I'm still single and many times worry weather I'm self sabotaging me? I don't know, but this is something that is within me and I cannot ignore it.