Katrina starting out.

Every story begins somewhere, so tell us how you got started crossdressing. Only one (1) topic per member, please!

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Katrina
Miss Crystal Goddess

Katrina starting out.

Post by Katrina »

My first time crossdressing was also the first time I have gone out in public dressed.
It was in rather unusual circumstances as it was at the Christmas party for my church youth group.
It was easy for the girls to just put on some trousers and a shirt and tie their hair back (some wore a suit), but for us boys (I was around 15 or 16) it sure was an awakening.
Back in the day (late 70's) I had hair down just past my shoulders, so my sister and my mother put my hair in curlers and when the hair was dry and had taken the curl, my sister proceeded to put the best part of a can of hairspray in my hair. It was never going to move.
Meanwhile my mother set about making up my face with eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara, some rouge for the cheeks and some red lipstick, This was finished off with red nail polish on my fingernails.
The dress was on of my sisters party dresses, coupled with a pair of mums high heels. To finish the look, a pair of clip-on drop earrings were placed on my ears.
I was totally embarrassed, but a few of the other boys got in to the spirit of the evening by dressing as well, and I always had a girl to chat with as I was constantly offered advice on things like makeup and hairstyles. One of the girls ended up being my girlfriend for a couple of years before we went our own ways.
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Katrina starting out.

Post by Estefania »

Hello Katrina, and welcome to the forum!

Yeah, those were unusual circumstances... are you still in touch with any of the others in the choir? Would be interesting to see if any one else is a member in this site! :)

Enjoy!
Gaby
Katrina
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Katrina »

Hi Gaby,

I moved away from the regional city where I lived then quite a while ago, but still see the occasional person from that era when I return to visit family.
I have not asked anybody if they remember the evening in question, mainly out of respect for themselves and their families, although I do sometimes wonder if anybody kept the crossdressing theme going.
Martina Hall
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martina Hall »

Welcome, Katrina! That blast from the past sounds like a true blast!
I AM my own hot girlfriend.
Carole Hill
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Carole Hill »

What a great way to get introduced to the joys of dressing as a girl!
Hugs, Carole
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Hi Katrina! :) Thank you for sharing and welcome to the Haven!
Katrina
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Katrina »

Thank you for your welcomes. We were all young and innocent back then, and although completely embarrassed, it helped that only our small group would know what happened that evening, and it did spark something inside of me which I continue to this day.
I can't help but think that with social media as big as it is these days, and camera phones everywhere, that people who would like to express who they really are, be it crossdressing or something different, are too scared to do so, because no doubt a photo or video will be posted for all to see, and they would be ridiculed so badly just for being their true selves.
It is fortunate that we have a forum to express who we truly are, and can do so without unwanted hassles.
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Katrina wrote:I can't help but think that with social media as big as it is these days, and camera phones everywhere, that people who would like to express who they really are, be it crossdressing or something different, are too scared to do so, because no doubt a photo or video will be posted for all to see, and they would be ridiculed so badly just for being their true selves.
I hear ya! This is actually a thought that's crossed my mind once or twice... being out and about, just minding your own business while someone is there taking pictures or videos so that they can have a laugh later on. Next thing you know, you're the victim of a bad joke meme gone viral, LOL! Maybe that's just me though. :lol: Strange how the mind will develop these thoughts. All joking aside, it is a risk, but it hasn't stopped me... I find that most people are too preoccupied to notice, let alone start snapping photos.

BUT... I agree about this forum. It is truly wonderful to have this place where we can express ourselves freely and without judgement!
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

Hi Katrina and thank you for sharing.
Requal
Angie G
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Angie G »

Way cool story Katrina. (--)
Angie