Out and about

Every story begins somewhere, so tell us how you got started crossdressing. Only one (1) topic per member, please!

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Danielle La Belle
Account Deactivated at Member's Request

Out and about

Post by Danielle La Belle »

As Danielle La Belle, I found it rather difficult to expose myself to family members let alone the general public. But, through my extensive digital graphics experience, I found a method to this madness. Only 3 family members, 2 younger sisters and my daughter-in-law have seen my photographic results.

I dabble extensively in digital "Art," for which I consider my personal photography as such. I currently have upwards of 4,000 photographs enfemme. Now that number may seem high but with a good digtal camera and large storage disk, I often take up to 75 photos during one photo shoot. This may span over less than an hour.

This provides a means for me to enjoy my CD art, and realize my full potential as a woman. :lol:
Make the most of every day!
Shannon
Founding Member

Post by Shannon »

Well this forum is my "Coming Out"..... :lol:

I must say I am a chicken. I have spent 20 or so years hiding this and it is very difficult for me to talk about. My wife found out about this part of me about 4 or 5 years ago... I can't even remeber how now.... But it wasn't pleasent, I remeber that....

I have yet to go out in public. Will I ever? I don't know.....

I am very fortunate to have a wife that is supportive of this. Now don't get me wrong, she has her fears and concerns. But for the most part she is VERY supportive. I am very fortunate not to have to hide this part of me any more.
Danielle La Belle

The majority of us have spent our lives hiding from society. Judgement is a difficult process for which it comes far to easily for the "Budweiser" crowd.

Change is the one thing that all of us wrestle with. While we may jet about the country changing employment, for the most part, as we get older it becomes more difficult to give up what we have come to believe is our home and base from which we seek comfort.

Gender issues are coming to the forefront in many Universities today. UCLA offers classes on the subject and addresses issues such as ours along with a variety of other gender based community issues.

Stepping out into the public limelight, holding our breath and breast, waiting to see if someone notices us, that can be devastating. On the other hand, if we dress conservatively, as most women do, all other things being equal, we should be okay.

The exception is the "full-back" women. For some, they will never be in a physical way, appealing in this role. I have seen several women of late that fit this requirement and I am sure it is difficult for them in a society bent on "thinness." For which, I am blessed at 6' and 148lbs. I look like a local girls team basketball player for the local University.

So, it is how you see yourself and how you present yourself that will make the difference. 8)
Alexandra
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Alexandra »

D sez: "I currently have upwards of 4,000 photographs enfemme."

Me: well, now I too have an photo collection -- nowhere near as large as yours :), but I consider myself an artist too, so its what we do. (I'm also somewhat of an actress, but that's a story for another day).
Alexandra
Danielle La Belle

Recently, I was asked about what software I use for processing my adventures in enfemme mode. I prefer Adobe software. I will employ the Photo Shop Deluxe Home ver 4.0 ($69.00usd) more than my copy of the full fledged Photo Shop ver 6.0 ($595.00usd).

It loads quickly on a Pent II 233mhz system or better. The features are basic but when you get to know them and what they can do for you, it is well worth the price.

My photos in the "photo section" were all handled by this version. With practice and an eye for detail, geometry and such, one can do wonders with this little program.

People can email with questions about this version. I will try to help anyone that has the patience to work with the program and learn to improve their artistic approach. I have taught at the college level, this program and several others in the Microsoft line such as Office 97 and Intuit's Quicken Home and Business 2003.

:) :) :) :)
Alexandra
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Alexandra »

Danielle, can you give the girls a few guidelines on color photo printer buying -- what specs we ought to look for at least halfway decent pictures?

I've a bunch of B&W lazer printers, but my (mostly older) color injects are crappy fore photos. While color laser printers are still pricey, are there now reasonably priced inkjects that can print a decent picture or is one better off taking a CD to a photoshop and have them print it out?
Alexandra
Danielle La Belle

Go to off-topics; Technology - Digital Photography and printing.