At what age did you start crossdressing?

Every story begins somewhere, so tell us how you got started crossdressing. Only one (1) topic per member, please!

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

3 or younger
7%
4 or 5
16%
6 or 7
14%
8 or 9
14%
10 or 11
16%
12 to 14
20%
15 to 17
3%
18 to 20
3%
21 to 29
2%
30 to 39
2%
40 or older
2%

Total votes: 298
Daniel
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Daniel »

I did this sort of poll once before, but that is over a year old, it's buried deep in the pile now, the demographic might have changed and I wanted to further delineate the options at the ends from before.

So when did you first put on an item of clothing clearly only for someone of the opposite gender?
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

I remember very well, I was 14 the first time I try on my mothers bra and my life changed from that day. =D>
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I was around 10, but the desire to do so was earlier, around 6 or 7.
DonnaT
Amanda Barber
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Amanda Barber »

definatly as early as I can remember, 4-5.
DianeCD
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by DianeCD »

For sure I was 11. One day I had an uncontrollable urge to try on one of mom's girdles. I tried on the Playtex Golden zipper open bottom girdle with a pair of stockings. Once I had finally figured out how to properly wriggle into it and had it on properly, the feeling was absolutely wonderful and indescribable. Those Playtex rubber girdles were fantastic. That started me CDing, and I still must be wearing a Playtex girdle and stockings any time I dress. I rather expect that whichever item of femme clothing we first tried on sticks with us forever after...
Carla L
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Carla L »

I was about 13 when my brothers went to high school and my mom was going to school after a divorce from dad. I would go into my mom's drawers and try on panties, bras, slips and girdles...

I would then prance around the house for an hour or so. The urges were always there and almost 40 years later, stronger than ever. I've purged numerous times, but will purge no more...
Huggs,

Carla
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

Unintentionally about age 8 while playing hide and seek. I've never forgotten the feeling.

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
Jennifer M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Jennifer M »

I was around fourteen when I finally got to wear some panties and pantyhose.I didnt have access to clothes until I had a paper route and could afford my own.I cleary remember the terror of buying those first items and the joy of how good they felt.After a few hours a wave of guilt overcame me and I purged for the first time.I will never forget that day.
Understand the voice within
Alana
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alana »

I checked the 12-14 range in the poll, but it may have been at age 11. I tried on various items of my mother's, plus items from Goodwill bags we had stored at the house.

Have been dressing periodically now for about 45 years. It's been a roller coaster ride with many purges until I finally accepted myself as is.

Love and hugs,

Alana
"Man, I feel like a woman!"- Shania Twain
Chrissie
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Chrissie »

I was ten when I asked to be a girl for Halloween, but I have memories of wearing my mother's things well before that.

What I think is interesting is that so many, or most of us, began dressing well before puberty. Many people think dressing is a sexual fetish (and certainly it is sexy and thrilling), but I think this shows that for many of us dressing comes before sex. Wait, I should rephrase that--the urge to dress is something more than a sexual fetish.

xoxo Chrissie
Charla
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Charla »

My mom and sister dressed me in a ballerina outfit for Halloweeen and it just felt good to be like that. Then I started wearing my sister's bras and panties....then Grams put some lipstick on me one time...
Kendra Lynn
Miss Emerald Goddess

Beginnings

Post by Kendra Lynn »

Hello all: When I was 8 years old, the boys' group at the day camp I attended put on a play which involved dressing one of the boys as a girl. I was fascinated by that, but didn't actually try on any girl clothes until a few years later-- 8th or 9th grade. They belonged to my sister and my mother caught me at least once. Now I "dress" at least several times a month, except during the summer-- too warm in the Washington, D.C. area.
Peace-- Kendra Lynn
JaimieP
Miss Crystal Goddess

starting to dress

Post by JaimieP »

I started when was 8years old. I put on my mothers panties and bra and stockings with a garter belt. Jaimiep
I complained because I had no shoes
Until I met a man who had no feet.
Daniel
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Daniel »

Chrissie wrote:What I think is interesting is that so many, or most of us, began dressing well before puberty. Many people think dressing is a sexual fetish (and certainly it is sexy and thrilling), but I think this shows that for many of us dressing comes before sex. Wait, I should rephrase that--the urge to dress is something more than a sexual fetish.

xoxo Chrissie
I started later than most of you guys. I started at the age of 16, after getting excited by seeing beautiful women and wondering what it would be like to actually wear their clothes. It was pretty much sexual for me from the get-go. This makes me wonder if my dressing now is just a fetish or even a second-rate substitute for having a girlfriend. The general consensus here, though, seems to be not to believe that for a second.
Chrissie
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Re: Beginnings

Post by Chrissie »

Kendra Lynn wrote:Hello all: When I was 8 years old, the boys' group at the day camp I attended put on a play which involved dressing one of the boys as a girl.
Peace-- Kendra Lynn
Ah, memories. At our camp, I wore panty hose and a tunic, as part of Robin Hood's gang....the practically had to knock me down to get the panty hose off of me!

chrissie