tights/panties

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Sarah T
Miss Crystal Goddess

tights/panties

Post by Sarah T »

Is it better to wear panties under tights x
Andrea F.
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Re: tights/panties

Post by Andrea F. »

Wearing panties under your tights would be the preferred way. Gg's do that.
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

With tights especially I think wearing "control panties" or a gaff would be better.
I am a woman of trans experience.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Dear Sarah,

Always wear panties, put on first. It's simple hygiene, panties will keep your tights or pantyhose cleaner. Panties are easier to wash each week than hosiery.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Actually it is more a mater of personal choice IMHO. With the cotton crotch in tights one can go sans panties and still maintain personal hygiene. Personally I prefer panties under tights or pantyhose however I do go without if there is the possibility on a panty line being present.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

Personally ... wearing panties under ANYTHING is always better :lol:

Seriously though - under your tights

BUT -- and here's question -- over or under your garter belt. I guess it may depend on the situation, but my wife is quite happy that I wear my panties over my garter belt -- for obvious reasons 8)

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

I have always worn panties first and then pantyhose over the top. Quicker to get the pantyhose off if unexpected visitor arrives.

As for garter belt, always worn panties over.
Requal
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Diana Michelle wrote: With the cotton crotch in tights one can go sans panties and still maintain personal hygiene.
That little cotton panel doesn't cover boy parts. If you're concerned about panty lines, consider a thong. But that choice makes proper hygiene a moot point. Ewww! The full butt coverage style commonly known as Granny Panties, my fav, puts the leg seam below line of sight.

Too late in life, I'm told that some men enjoy seeing panty lines anyway.

Eileen
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Hygiene: conditions or practices conducive to maintaining health and preventing disease
I don't see how wearing or not wearing panties is relevant to proper hygiene.

Even if one confuses hygiene with cleanliness, it's not like wearing tights with panties will keep you cleaner than wearing tights without panties.
DonnaT
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Dear Donna,

Respectfully I will disagree. Personal cleanliness is the same as hygiene, promoting personal health. On camping trips, we often go without a daily shower, we get grungy, changing undies and socks are a priority though.
Certainly there is quite a difference between male and female anatomy. One thing in common is that body parts tend to leak. I don't want to get gross, but whatever telltale signs you see in undies are in your tights as well. Unless you change hosiery every day to wash, you're putting yesterdays ick back on your most sensitive areas.

Given the cost and ease of washing and drying panties compared to hosiery, I'll wear panties every day.

Eileen
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I am a wash and wear person. Wearing tights more than once before washing just doesn't set well. Mainly due to foot sweat ;)

I have tights that have lasted well over a year. If only pantyhose lasted that long. :?
DonnaT
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

I have been politely reminded that I'm no longer a 20 something (by a factor of 2.5 at least) single lady and that outside the GG world, pantyhose or tights are worn for more than just making legs look good. For many, there is a bit of eroticism in wearing nylons and nothing in between.
So go for it, no panties if you prefer. I'll always wear mine when clothed.

Donna, we wore tights as young girls. They do last much longer than hosiery. But Mom taught us to wear panties also. The cost and ease of washing panties compared to tights makes panties seem necessary. The habit lives on.

Eileen
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Eileen (SO) wrote:
Diana Michelle wrote: With the cotton crotch in tights one can go sans panties and still maintain personal hygiene.
That little cotton panel doesn't cover boy parts.

Too late in life, I'm told that some men enjoy seeing panty lines anyway.

Eileen
Never thought about the male parts Eileen. Been so long since I had any I guess I never think that way.

You made me laugh with the comment about how men like seeing panty lines. I remember my first husband asking me once why I sometimes wore panties with pantyhose and sometimes I didn't. I told him VPL of course. He told me VPL was sexy and he loved to look at it to which I asked him if he thought he was the only male that felt that way and he did want men staring at my butt? Needless to say he never raised that subject again. :lol:
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Well, I've never had boy parts of my own, but have done plenty of laundry. Even my brother's when growing up.

Dressing in women's clothing is a bit different than dressing as a woman. Leaving aside today's yoga pants trends, clothing that leaves very little hidden, there is an enticing element to panty lines that draws the male eye. Just like a lacy bra that shows through a shear blouse, undergarments can make a fashion statement without actually being seen.

Anyway, that's how my generation was taught. There is quite a difference between tights and panty hose. Tights can be machine washed many times and suffer no damage. I, we now, always hand wash panty hose and hang to dry. His/hers and hers hosery on the shower rod. Since we wear the same size, this wife will insist that panties are always worn first.

Eileen
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

I'm not that old that I don't know the difference between tights and pantyhose. I do know several woman who would never think of wearing panties under pantyhose or tights. Personally as I have said before I prefer panties but have done without under both. I hand wash my unmentionables in Woolite as well as my pantyhose and tights. Never even gave a thought to tossing tights in the washing machine. :-k

Having lived female the bulk of my life I understand the power of lacy bras under sheer blouses and VPL's as well as allowing a peek of a lacy slip from under a skirt. :oops: Men are so predictable. :lol: I don't remember where I heard it but I do remember someone once telling me "A lady never shows her unmentionables unintentionally." :roll: