Shaved arms etc

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Re: Shaved arms etc

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Why do you worry about what anyone might say if they notice you have no hair, or less hair, on your legs (or arms, or chest)? :huh:

Virginia always shaves her legs and arms (all of it, not just some) and no one has ever said a thing about it - not even family or close friends - and being that she's a 7-time world champion powerlifter she's always in the gym surrounded by lots of people from all walks of life.

Seriously, very few people care and even less will notice that your legs - or any other parts of your body - are shaved. :roll:

People only make a big deal about things if YOU make a big deal about it (by word or actions) . . . just go on about your daily life as if nothing is different about you.

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
JillAnne
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by JillAnne »

Great advice, but I have always had hair on my chest and body but now it looks so different that I think people will react diferently or say somethig.
Girls have more fun!
I like being a man, but I LOVE being a WOMAN.....
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Best response to that: You got tired of being 'hairy' and you're trying something new . . . and you would not be lying, either. :wink:

Good luck!

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

This comes from the husband's perspective. The last thing guys check each other out for is body hair. OMG! And women are thought to be judgmental? No wonder guys focus on breasts and trucks, it's all about size. Besides, the smooth look is 'in' now days.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
JillAnne
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by JillAnne »

It's not like I'm talking about removing a lot of hair. All I need to do is shave below the knees. You girls are great, you have given me so much confidence that I never received my entire life!

IT'S OVERWHELMING AT TIMES O:)
Girls have more fun!
I like being a man, but I LOVE being a WOMAN.....
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

DaniJean said
After that, my wife said that if anyone else would ask about my legs to say that I shave them because she likes it.
So what's with that????? Why does that make it OK if it wasn't already?