Restroom Etiquette

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Restroom Etiquette

Post by Requal Jo »

I sit all the time when I am Requal. No male behaviours are tolerated.
Requal
Trudy
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Trudy »

Seeing as I spend probably 80% or more of my time as Trudy I always sit. I know this may sound silly but I sit when I urinate at home regardless of how I am dressed. Safe way to make sure the sea stays down! :lol:
AJ West
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by AJ West »

I try to sit every time I can regards of how I'm presenting, home, work out, etc. I always sit when out en femme!
Not sure where I'm going, but there's no since being late
Janine O
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Janine O »

I have never used a urinal in the last 25 or more years. I always use the toilet and never urinal standing up. It has become a matter of habit and it would seem totally unnatural to revert to any previous male behavior.
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

When dressed as a woman, I always sit down. Since I make a passable woman, I can use the ladies room.

Afterwards I can also fix my makeup.

I have learned the art of sitting down when I am at a costume party in a large hoopskirt or long gown. It took some practice but am an old hand at it now.
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Janet Bern »

When I am out dressed I always use the womans room.
I do my business. wash my hands and if its not crowded fix my lipstick.
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

Being an attractive woman when dressed and having been becoming more feminine, I always used the ladies room and I do sit!

When dressed as a woman I like to act like a woman.

I also like to freshen up my makeup.

Having a voice somewhat close to woman's if someone says something to me, I can come back with a short answer without giving myself away.
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
Rhanda
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Rhanda »

I state that I never try to fool anyone that I am a woman but wear women's styles frequently. So I always use the men's restroom and sit no matter how I am dressed.

I have not stood at a urinal but once in the last forty years and that was at the baseball park when I discovered the floor was soaked and my jeans would have picked up considerably nasty stuff.

I spent many years in custodial work and had to clean toilets and the wall and floor around urinals demand a lot of attention. They should be outlawed for sanitary reasons.

So, my advice is sit and be clean.

Rhanda
Don't call me a woman, I don't want to be considered a woman. I just want to be a beautiful man.
Tasi
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Tasi »

Why in God's name would you want to use an urinal when presenting female? The point escapes me.
Tasi
Be all you can be
Rhanda
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Rhanda »

Most convenience stores in my area have single rest rooms. That is where I generally go when I am dressed noticeably female. I don't try to pass as I have no desire to be thought of as a woman.

This may be a good solution for others.

Just a thought.

Rhanda
Don't call me a woman, I don't want to be considered a woman. I just want to be a beautiful man.
Penelope Carol
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Penelope Carol »

When out dressed I have usually not encountered any problems when using the ladies, indeed I know very well that in one of my favourite pubs it is with the landlady's blessing but beware!
Last Sunday at another pub a complaint came, not from a lady but from an ignorant male dinosaur who does not understand and does not wish to understand transgender issues and unfortunately the management upheld his complaint. The manager told me (quietly) that I would either have to use the men's room (while presenting as a lady!) or the disabled facility. To go along with that would be a humiliation that I can't accept. That is one bar I shall refuse to visit for a long time, at least until it undergoes a change of management.
Penny
Tasi
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Tasi »

I'm curious. Are there any laws in Wales protecting trans people?
Tasi
Tasi
Be all you can be
Penelope Carol
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Penelope Carol »

I don't know exactly what the legal position was exactly, except that I certainly wasn't breaking any laws. The official attitude of the UK Government is that discrimination against transgender people is wrong and the government organization for which I work certainly doesn't tolerate it but I don't know to what extent the law gives general protection. I'm not certain either as to what protection I could expect as I have only recently considered seriously the question of whether I was transgender. I'm 90% certain that I am but I'm not fully "out" - nobody knows at work for instance. I've been experimenting, mostly successfully, in such things as shopping and going out socially as a woman but it's not practical for me under my present circumstances to start living full-time as a woman - so I don't know how seriously my claim to be transgender would be taken.
Penny
Tasi
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Tasi »

If the bar is not one that you frequent, then it's probably not worth making an issue, nevertheless I would have been inclined to register a complaint against the bar with whatever civil authority governs such matters in your area. If you are presenting as a woman in a public place. then most likely you are trans. You don't need to be fully out or full time. I'm a CD but also consider myself as trans because of how I feel internally, and I present fully as a woman when out. For you own piece of mind, you might want to investigate what protections the law provides should you encounter this type of discrimination again
Tasi
Be all you can be
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Penelope Carol wrote:Last Sunday at another pub a complaint came, not from a lady but from an ignorant male dinosaur who does not understand and does not wish to understand transgender issues and unfortunately the management upheld his complaint.
Ridiculous. I wouldn't be returning to this pub, Penelope. Plus I would take to social media - it can be a powerful tool in some ways!