What is up with not matching a bra with panties?

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Alexia
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Re: What is up with not matching a bra with panties?

Post by Alexia »

That kind of combination might be when I would mix my bra and panties.
But so far, haven't done that yet.
I actually have some sets both in black and white, may want to try that out sometimes.
Although I have to admit, I like it when my underwear is somewhat visible.
It does emphasize me feeling feminine, showing it off a bit more.
It is only for me anyway.
If I had to go outside en femme, yeah, that'd be a different matter.
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

When I was dressing I would co ordinate my bra colour with my top to avoid any possible show through and the same with panties and skirt or trousers. It was something I picked up from watching my sister co ordinate her undies with outer clothes.
One wears a mask for so long you forget who you are beneath it......I've now removed my mask.
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

I know in the beginning I was a bit anal about my bra and panties needing to match at least in color. As time went on I grew to more of the wear what won't show camp. Nowadays I try to pick a bra not to show but as for panties, well let's just say Heather is always colorful and lacy. :oops:
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Melissa Mac
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Melissa Mac »

Matching panties and bra has never been a huge thing to me. Maybe being being raised by my grandparents and mentored in the fine arts of femininity by my grandmother it wasn't about matching but rather keeping my undies from view. I worry more about my undies not showing than what color they are. Although I have many colorful bras it is white or beige I generally wear. Panties? Well I do have a lot of black ones.
Pam T.
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Pam T. »

I love trying to buy panties and bras that match in color, it just looks better on me and I enjoy that.

Once in awhile I will goof around wear different colors but for some head game reason I like them to match