At what age is a girl too old for short skirts?

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Alisyn

Re: At what age is a girl too old for short skirts?

Post by Alisyn »

hey I'm a bit older and have been told that I should show more of my legs (lucky I guess) but as long as you are comfortable with and it works for you what more needs to be said *-*
PhylissH
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by PhylissH »

I just turned 62 and I wear a lot of skirts that fall a couple inches above the knee. I usually get compliments on my legs, with nothing said about my age. I have lots of GG tell me that they wish their legs looked as good as mine so they could wear short
skirts.
" I would rather die while I am living than live when I am dead"

Texas CD, Best of both worlds,
Hugs Phyliss
Lauren
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lauren »

"At what age is a girl too old for short skirts?" When she says she is! I am 60 and have skirts anywhere from maxi to more than a couple of inches above my knees. It is not about age but rather how you look and how you put the outfit together. Living in Southern California I have pretty much seen it all. I have seen women in their 20s who have no business wearing anything but a knee length skirt or longer conversely I have seen women my age and maybe even older wearing skirts 3,4,5 inches above their knees or shorter and think that looks sharp on her.

It is not about age but attitude and how you look. Age is just a state of mind and has nothing to do with it.
Some people are going to leave a mark on this world, while others are going to leave a stain
Eleanor Roosevelt
Lacey Hadley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lacey Hadley »

I'm a 50 something and I love wearing short skirts. I enjoy all skirts but mini skirts incorporated well with the rest of an outfit including pantyhose or tights and heels look good on me as I am lucky to have very nice legs. I don't wear micro-minis, but do have many above the knee to mid thigh style skirts including for me those flirty and fun skater style skirts. All look great with me wearing any of my heels from pumps to boots.

Certainly some gals young and more mature, including those of us who crossdress may not look so good in short skirts, and it's a choice said gals must make given how they feel about it. It's not for me to say, but I do see some women who sadly do not suit wearing short skirts but I keep my thoughts to myself. But if you still feel good and especially if you look good in a short skirt then ok, have fun, just coordinate it with the rest of your outfit, shoes/boots and makeup.

That said, what really looks bad to my eyes as a dude and as a CDer are when women wear those yoga type 'Lu Lu Lemon' type pants especially if they are more rotund and it shows off their backside and thighs UNFLATTERINGLY! Even women who have a more slender body, regardless of age, look like crap when wearing such pants out and about... If you want to wear those yoga style pants then wear a skirt too, and this is where those shorter skater style skirts can make the yoga pants on your body look more appropriate. :yes: :laptop: :teddybear:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. Ayn Rand