Gray or silver heels and what color outfit?

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Judy W
Miss Crystal Goddess

Gray or silver heels and what color outfit?

Post by Judy W »

I have low silver or gray high heels that I was wondering what color outfit I should wear with them?
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

Both colors, to me, are a more formal shoe. The sliver would probably go best with a long gray skirt or black. The gray, assuming it is not a real dressy shoe, maybe an "office style" black skirt. It might also work with a red skirt, but red is not my color.

There are some other girls here with better style taste than I so hopefully they will add to this.

Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
Carolynn
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carolynn »

Yeah, I agree with Virginia, I think that would be more formal. There are several options, I think. How about a dark grey or black skirt and an evening style metallic silver top, and be sure your clutch or small purse matches the shoes, if you are going somewhere suitable to formal wear, like the theatre or to a philharmonic or play, or New Years?? If you can find a top with silver or gray threads in it as embellisment, that could work casual maybe, just have to try it and see. You do need to make sure if your shoes are silver or gray though. There is a difference for formal, with silver being more reflective than gray. If they are gray, then whatever you wear match your bag and/or a belt and/or scarf to the shoes to tie it together. If you are going to wear them more casual this winter, look for a neck muffler with the same colors as the shoe in it, and dress in charcoal grey pants or skirt with a nice complementing top for blending in. For clubbing, anything goes, I guess.
"It’s not given to anyone to have no regrets; only to decide, through the choices we make, which regrets we’ll have,"
David Weber – In Fury Born
Stephanie H
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie H »

For the gray, they would go nicely with black crape pants.
Stephanie