Proper way to wear a garter belt

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Deidre Taylor
Miss Platinum Goddess

Proper way to wear a garter belt

Post by Deidre Taylor »

This subject came up in another forum I belong to so I thought I might put it to you GG's out there. When one wears a garter belt and stockings, does the garter belt go over or under the panties? I have always worn it under for ease in the powder room and other situations, have I been wrong all these years?
Kimberly Kael
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kimberly Kael »

Good question. I'd like to hear the official response myself, though I haven't worn a garter belt in decades. My impression has been that you wear the panties underneath for erotic photographs, and on top for anything resembling real life.
~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard
Karen
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Karen »

I'm not a GG but I would like to throw in my 2 cents worth. Love
to wear garter belt, panties and stockings, always have. ALWAYS
wear; (1)starting with garter belt, (2)stocking (and of couse hook stockings to garter belt)
then last of all but not least (3)PANTIES.
I think it makes it all a little easier when going to the little girls room.LOL :lol:

Now I can leave some room for the REAL GG's.

Hugs
Lots of Hugs
Karen Marie
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

!!!yes!!!
I wear a garter belt all the time and I put panties on last.
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

Panties go over so you can go to the bathroom. Remember that GG's over the age of 3 or so sit and can't just pull the panties down ever so slightly and pull out the equipment.

Sometimes lingerie is photographed differently. That's just for the photograph
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
Susan Fortier
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Re: Proper way to wear a garter belt

Post by Susan Fortier »

garter belt first them panties over...of course todau i'm wearing an OBG over my panties, so....lol
Anna
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Anna »

Susie, that can be a little more of a faff for a girl. In my opinion you need to pull down the OBG first, before you can go!

But maybe the GG's who wear them can tell it differently...?
Anna x

What seems like the right thing to do could also be the hardest thing you have ever done in your life.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Garter belts? Egads, I can't stand them, myself, they irritate me to no end (ditto for thigh highs) . . . I prefer to wear pantyhose with my skirts/dresses, even on the hottest day of the year.

I'll defer to the experts here on the proper way to wear them! ;)

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
MichelleZ
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by MichelleZ »

Well, I wear my garter belts over my panties, more comfy that way. I love thigh highs but they keep working their way down and end up at my ankles showing under my jeans
Janice
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Janice »

When I was younger I tried it both ways until I met my girlfriend who is now my wife of 52 years.. As a GG who wore stockings with a suspender belt or a OBG with suspenders, she always wore her panties OVER her belt. It was more convenient as when we were wanting fun, she could slip of her panties to give me full access and then went home with them in her handbag.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

So really the question is do you wear your garterbelt over or under your panties or alternatively do you wear your panties under or over your garterbelt? I belive teh correct answer is "yes". It's simply a preference.

Now another question might be, when you have no hips and you have long legs, how do you keep from losing your gartbelt as the day goes on? For me, I just snug it up a bit more than I would like, but I have also gotten some garterbelts made for the more plentiful girls; they also have longer garters. I am one of the "perfer my panties on top" girls and that also helps with the worry of a runaway garterbelt.
{squeezes}
Davita
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Davita,
Just slip on a waist clincher over it to hold it in place ``5
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

I love wearing a garter belt and have always put the panties on over the garter belt.

I cannot assist with your question Davita as I have hips to hold the garter belt in place.
Requal
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Most GG's are not wearing garters any more, other than for fetish wear. There is a fascination with retro under garments, bullet bras, garters, and seamed stockings. The reality is that panty hose was a gift from above.
But if you are going to wear a garter belt, panties on last. Unless you can guarantee that a potty break will not be needed.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

I have lways been pretty much a pantyhose girl from the start. I have worn garter belts and stockings for my husbands from time to time as a treat. I always liked to keep them guessing! :) On those occasions I always wore the panties over my garter belt as it made potty trips a lot easier as well as other things! :oops: That is at those times I "remembered" to wear panties! :shock:
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon