That sack-o-stuff

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Re: That sack-o-stuff

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Virginia has never 'lost her touch' but while she can out-shoot me with a rifle or shotgun (and definitely anything involving martial arts), I am far better at handguns than she is, and our targets prove it. :yes:

Carry On!!

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Lauren
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lauren »

It is funny because it has been long since I have carried I really don't give a lot of thought to carrying one. Don't get me wrong here I spend plenty of time selecting one as there are certain features my purses need IMO. A few years back I was at a support meeting for a local girls' group and one girl complained how heavy her purse was then added "And think most of what is in there I normally carry around in my pockets." :-k
Some people are going to leave a mark on this world, while others are going to leave a stain
Eleanor Roosevelt
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

Interesting that this thread was brought back to life, and just yesterday I bought a new purse!

I've been needing one for a long time, the last one I bought was several years ago. And actually I really like that one, it's about the right size, has the right number and placement of pockets and is very functional. And it's leather, and very well made since it's lasted all these years, but it is showing it's age now and one of the zippers doesn't work.

So I'm going down to Dallas next week for a big meeting. I have a new skirt suit and got a manicure for the occasion, so I need a new purse that goes with it. Usually I have a small clutch or wallet that goes with my purse so that I can take only that if I want, or I can put it in my purse with everything else. I haven't found such a wallet to match my new purse yet, but I did find a really cute business card holder that matches nicely so that will be really useful at this meeting. I suppose the other thing I'll need is one of those cute Lady Derringers with matching earrings!
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Having to carry a purse as a young girl was a rite of passage. You need one for personal hygiene products. As a mom, you need to carry more stuff in a bigger purse. I never got to the luggage size some women carry. Now days my purse is just for essentials and not too big. Except for make up and a bigger wallet, I don't carry much more than men do in their pockets.

When my Terri started dressing to go out, she found that a purse completes the woman look.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!