That sack-o-stuff

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Re: That sack-o-stuff

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Eileen (SO) wrote:Personal protection, with a wink to SL, should always be considered. At the very least, some pepper spray!
A word to the wise about pepper spray: while the packaging does say that it is legal to use in all 50 states, it also advises the buyer/user to check their state's laws.

. . . and in Virginia it is considered - at a minimum - to be a Class 6 Felony for using pepper spray, mace, or any other 'gas' indoors unless it can be proven that it was absolutely necessary to use it for self-defense. :shock:

To that end, make sure you have a recording device (audio or video) in operation during the entire incident to back you up. :yes:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

When I first started dressing I never thought twice about a purse. It wasn't sometime last year when I first decided to go out that I realized I need one. My first purse I bought at the Goodwill and never gave it a lot of thought, after all one purse is as good as another, right? #-o Well it didn't take me long to understand how wrong I was so I talked t my two GG friends and they explained the "facts of life" about purses to me. I did get Megan to go with me, I was in drab, to the mall and she showed me the different styles and explained the advantages and disadvantages of each to me. I finally settled on a cute dark brown purse that I had to carry in my hand by the straps as it was November and it made a good everyday purse Megan told me.

What a difference! \:D/ Now I didn't have to hunt for my keys or phone as it had a divided inside and a small pocket to hold my phone. That got me started and I never stopped. In the past 6 months or so I have built up a nice collection of purses to match my outfit, season, and disposition. I probably have 12 purses now and always check them out when I go shopping. To me it is not a sack of stuff but a sign of my growing feminine ways. =D>
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

A purse is more than just an accessory for a woman. Our skirts and pants pockets, if there are any, would not hold the bare essentials needed each day. As noted here and by my husband, a purse gives you something to do with your hands, aids in proper walking lady like, and a constant reminder of the mode in which you're presenting as.

A woman should always have a means to defend herself, it is in the Constitution after all. A crossdresser or trans person, even more so. If concealed carry or spray is not an option, consider what a friend of mine does. She carries a brick in birthday wrapping paper. The kind of brick with the holes in it, so it weighs less. Swinging a purse at a attacker with a brick in the bottom becomes a serious weapon.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

yeah, and with carrying around a brick in your purse all day you never have to go the gym to lift weights!! :lol:

I'm firmly in the "one can never have too many purses" camp. I like them for their obvious utility, but I also think they should be cute and match one's outfit.
Kittie
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Kittie »

As a gent I have a grip bag which is very useful and more an d more men are using them
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

It was a shock when I discovered that women's clothing, including dress pants, had no pockets anywhere. It was something I'd never had to think about, one way or the other. The other thing that surprised me was my reaction to this fact--I was reluctant to carry a purse. It was like, "OK, I'm dressed as a woman, and that's stretching it, but if I carry a purse, that's too far over the line." It made no sense at all, but that was my immediate flash on the situation.

I bought a basic black one at a Montgomery Ward going-out-of-business sale, and got used to it. I also found I liked having something to rest my arm on, or put my hand on as I walked. Knowing what to do with one's hands can be a big problem, and a purse helps solve that problem.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

my GF always carries a purse. She just bought three more so I guess she is well stocked for a while. Maybe, thought that with the previous three she got.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Rony
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Rony »

Anita
Most girls pants if they have pockets are much smaller and don't hold anything :-)
If you care a lot of stuff, get a purse.
I carry a money clip, a pocket knife (can't give that up) and a lighter ( I still smoke).
Ronnie
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

KimberlyS wrote:my GF always carries a purse. She just bought three more so I guess she is well stocked for a while. Maybe, thought that with the previous three she got.
There is the main, everyday, haul everything needed, purse. After that, purses are like shoes, so many different styles and colors! I see lots of women now days holding a wallet and putting the cell phone in their bra. I hope that doesn't become the fashion.

Eileen
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Ah yes the good old purse ..|/- , as the old saying goes "never leaver home without it" rotf .

Carol Ann only has two, one black for winter and one white for summer. Believe it or not I have learned just how important a purse is. Besides the everyday look a women most always carries a purse, lets see now when I dump mine out.

Wallet with $, ID, credit cards, basic makeup to freshen up, pick to touch up wig, small pack of tissue, keys, bottle of nail glue if one comes loose, nail file, cell phone, small note book and pen, and dust :lol: .

Don't carry my 45 as it's heavy and most places will not allow weapons but it is always close by. Yes as said beside the heels it is a reminder you are a women @@9@@ .

And after a while it become a normal thing to carry and becomes more of a habit then anything.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Eileen (SO) wrote:...putting the cell phone in their bra. I hope that doesn't become the fashion. Eileen
My GF even carrying a purse all the time does the cell phone in the bra thing. Arg, but what is a person to do. Maybe I should start doing it also.
Site Administrator

Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

I'm old enough to remember TV ads for Playtex 'cross your heart bras'. The pitch was to look natural. Most purses now days have a cell phone pocket. Unless the thing is set to 'vibrate' there is no reason to put a phone in your bra. That is what a purse is for.

Eileen
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Eileen i agree. But on the flip side I work with a gal that keeps her phone in her purse and she seldom hears it ring. I wish she would keep it in her bra.
Site Administrator

SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

I have always preferred having my 'hands free' and I hate purses, even more so now that I 'carry' all the time . . . I feel naked without that extra 1.5 lbs on my right hip (and I've been known to carry extra magazines on my left hip for 'balance'). :wink: Only time I use a purse now is for formal occasions, and those are few and far between. =D>

I'm not currently working so my UOD (Uniform of the Day for civilians) is jeans/shorts, t-shirt, tennies; billfold is in my front pocket, gun on my hip and I'm all set. Only time I'm not actually wearing a gun is while I'm in the shower, wearing a bikini, or sleeping . . . but one is always nearby. :mrgreen:

Exercise your 2nd Amendment Rights and refuse to be a victim . . . Stay Calm and Open Carry!! :yes:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

No sorry girlfriend I have done more then my fair share of shooting, but will admit if my family was in harms way I would never think twice, ask Virginia you never loose that touch

When Carol Ann goes out I don't carry as I keep myself out of that position ``5