Restroom Etiquette

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Restroom Etiquette

Post by Davita »

I'm sorry I haven't asked any questions of the GG persuation. Your request has me sitting her trying to ask something.... I think I have it/them.

I quite identify with women, but I do not have the "chocolate" gene or the "mommy" gene. Is there another gene that tends to belong to one gender more than the other? BTW, I'm a pretty decent multitasker if you're thinking about that one.

And for a second question, how many of you ladies have used a urinal? Don't they have some female versions in Europe? Some of us girls refuse to stand if we are enfemme. Are we just being silly?

And thanks for asking us to ask, Eileen.
{squeezes}
Davita
Eileen (SO)

Re: Restroom Etiquette

Post by Eileen (SO) »

For some, chocolate is over rated. flowers work too! :) The 'mommy' gene comes from, forgive the stereotype, women being the caregiver and nest builder. Men go kill for food, defend against enemies, and don't read instruction manuals.

Never used a urinal, Davita. I've p**d outside on camping trips, but less you squat some, your jeans get wet. I can't imagine a female urinal being very sanitary anyway.
When you all dress as female, you better be sitting down to go. We may have figured out the Cd among us, and may be quite willing to play along, please don't provide the dead giveaway.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

When you all dress as female, you better be sitting down to go. We may have figured out the Cd among us, and may be quite willing to play along, please don't provide the dead giveaway. {Emphasis added by SL}
For those of you who use the women's restroom but still insist on "standing and peeing like a man" . . . she means that it should always be "feet facing forward" - meaning towards the stall door, because to do otherwise is a dead give-away!! :shock: #-o [-(

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Sarah Ann
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Ann »

Davita, the awful thing you're thinking of is called a Hygeia urinal and in the age of slacks and shorts is dangerous for a lady to attempt to use. I've run across a sports stadium once which had almost nothing but in the ladies' rooms. It's a narrow, open topped white ceramic trough that you are supposed to straddle, hitch your skirt, deflect your panty crotch, and pee into. You don't sit on it. It was undoubtedly invented by a severely misogynistic male. They usually have no stalls or privacy panels and stand out in the middle of the floor. I advise avoiding the damned things entirely.
I'm a girl with minor additions ^^_||
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Hi,

Now then in these er what ever you call them thing'es. do they have showers as well. as i see an issue here, if one use's said thing i know what'll happen to me id take my skirt off and knicker's and shoes , theres just no way i would not be wet from yeap down to my feet, id need to shower then. just glad we dont have them here, how stupid these men have no clue's concerning women, oh well .

...noeleena...
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

eeewwwwww! That's all I can think of on that subject. Public toilets have enough problems already, who would ever think of making something even worse?
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

That hygeia thing had to be designed by a man! Especially the facility with no stalls, sounds like the cattle trough in the Men's at Wrigley Field. Ugh!
Davita wrote:
And for a second question, how many of you ladies have used a urinal? Don't they have some female versions in Europe? Some of us girls refuse to stand if we are enfemme. Are we just being silly?
Silly, absolutely not! Why spend all the time and money to look feminine and not play the part? You want to be a woman, be one, with all the inconveniences included.

I have attended several CD social events with my pretty hubby. Once you get past the fact that everyone is dressed female, the conversations are fun. Some of these events are at a mainstream restaurant. As said before, play the part you're dressed as. I can get comfortable sitting with table mates knowing they are men dressed as female and have a great conversation. As nature calls, seeing toes pointed the wrong way in the stalls destroys the girl talk fantasy we had at the table. It's one thing knowing it's a guy as a woman is in the next stall, him/her standing up next door brings on the ick feeling of privacy invasion.

Eileen
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

rotf many years ago I was scared to death to use the ladies restrooms, yes we all know to sit and try to keep our feet together and not all over the place when a man sits.

After a while it becomes normal like washing your hands and fluffing up your hair in the mirror before leaving.
Darn I think I am more women then male :lol:
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

This has been an intersting thread. But ya know? When I asked if we are just being silly.... I was asking if we are being silly at home or being the only peron in a one seat restroom. I guess I shoulda been a bit more explicit.

Eileen brought up a good point. Most places I frequent know both of me and that means the occasional meeting people in the toidy. I guess had I ever stood in ladies room that would be very odd for the other ladies. The fact that I go in, am just another woman and I don't stand out (puns intended), take care of business and will have the occasion chit chat, everyone is comfortable with me being there.
{squeezes}
Davita
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Even when at home alone, I'm sure that dressing sessions include practicing walking in heels, standing and sitting lady like. Why stop practicing during potty breaks? As the one doing the cleaning, I prefer that my husband go sitting down. All the time would be even better!

Eileen
SilverLady(SO)

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

^ I completely agree . . . and then not only would the seat be down, so would the lid?!? [-o<

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

All well and good, SL. But it happens that we're now toilet training our two indoor cats, so the lid's always taped in the open position. If we and our feline overlords are successful, it will stay taped up.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
SilverLady(SO)

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Oh, yuck! :sick:

I would say that definitely requires separate bathrooms . . . one or two for humans (ie, master & guest bathrooms) and yet another for the damn cats (as in an outhouse). [-(

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Hi,

Gee who's training who here for potty training they being trained to clean up after them selfs,.

Next youll say they are reading the paper as well.

oh no hang on .

Two little feet pulling down the paper roll till all's on the floor,

...noeleena...
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

SilverLady(SO) wrote:Oh, yuck! :sick:
I would say that definitely requires separate bathrooms . . . one or two for humans (ie, master & guest bathrooms) and yet another for the damn cats (as in an outhouse). [-(
- SL
Well, yes. But . . .

You make do with what you have. We have a small log cabin with one bathroom. We have two indoor cats. We are not about to get rid of the cats and we are tired of dealing with a cat box in such a confined area. So, we've trained the cats to neatly use the toilet. They may even learn to flush. The bathroom door is left open and we all practice jailhouse privacy.

We are each used to 2000sf+ houses with multiple bathrooms, fully paid for and well tended. We don't have those anymore. We now find ourselves with very limited means, no savings, and considerable debt. So we make do.

It is somewhat incongruous for two highly skilled and educated urbanites to live a half-step up from a Brazilian favella, but it happens. You make do and try to preserve what dignity and grace is possible given the constraints, and you make the necessary compromises and adjustments with the minimum fuss and complaint. Despite it all, we are each happier than we've ever been before, and after two years of marriage, still very much in love.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.