One piece swiimming costume - Are they unisex?

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Kittie
Miss Platinum Goddess

One piece swiimming costume - Are they unisex?

Post by Kittie »

I have a reasonably plain navy blue one-piece speedo swimsuit which I find extremely comfortable to wear and quite supportive where it needs to be.
I would like to wear it at Fitness Club but in the UK they are bit set in their ways. I would call it unisex. Have you any comments or experience of a similar situation. Are men wearing 1-piece swimsuits anywhere today?
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Re: One piece swiimming costume - Are they unisex?

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

One-piece bathing suits are not unisex by any stretch of the imagination and are clearly designed for women. Sorry, but I do not feel that your fitness club is 'set in their ways' over that suit, they have rules for a reason.

Unless you are completely presenting as a female - and going through the entire SRS procedure which includes hormones, no male facial hair, proper paperwork/medical documentation and the like - I suggest you play by the club's rules. The women's area of the gym/fitness club is sacrosanct. Period. [-(

This was previously discussed by another member, and please make sure you read all the comments on that subject. http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 41&t=15561" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Kittie, you want to wear this 1900's style suit as a man, in the men's pool? In which case, you would get some stares, but it should be OK. You are blurring lines though, wearing what appears to be a woman's suit as a man.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Kittie
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Kittie »

Silver Lady & Eileen thank you for your helpful replies.
It is a modern 1 piece swimsuit not an antique one.
When I swim at Fitness Club I use conventional men's water shorts!
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

So, I'm a bit confused on what you're wearing. In no way did I think you bought an antique to wear. Since all men's swimwear is essentially a one piece anyway, just your bottom, referring to a 'one-piece speedo' suggests a suit that only women would wear now days. If wearing a onezie as a man in the men's pool, it shouldn't more a problem than comments or odd looks.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Maybe we need to see what's being talked about.
{squeezes}
Davita
Kittie
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Kittie »

It is in fact I have just checked a Zoggs Cottesloe Powerback Swimsuit - 20 - Black
A modern onesi swimsuit
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Kittie wrote:Zoggs Cottesloe Powerback Swimsuit
Definitely not unisex.
DonnaT
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

^ I agree; that is definitely a swim suit worn only by women and there's no way that suit could ever be construed as 'unisex'. [-(

I reiterate from my post above: "One-piece bathing suits are not unisex by any stretch of the imagination and are clearly designed for women. Sorry, but I do not feel that your fitness club is 'set in their ways' over that suit, they have rules for a reason."

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

I support SilverLady's reply that a one piece is not unisex. I have a one piece and no way would it pass as male swimwear. (We have too much to hide).
Requal
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Is it the femme you want or the one piece or both? If you want a one piece then here you go. First one looks like it needs a bottom under it so you could do a femme bikini bottom possibly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Blue-Leota ... 27d425c57a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Speedo-Mens ... 19df00d48c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Kittie
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Kittie »

The speedo model is better
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

Well a womens 1 piece swimsuit is unisex in the same way that a womens dress is: it's not. But if one is generally OK with wearing clothing intended for the other gender, then how is a swimsuit different?
I've worn womens 1 piece swimsuits often enough, but I'm careful to get the skirted ones that have plenty of coverage everywhere. But even the skimpy ones cover more than a mens speedo does, so if that's ok then I don't see the issue with something that covers more.
I'm speaking now only of swimsuits, and not whether it's appropriate for a person to use a changing room designated for the opposite gender. One shouldn't think that having a women swimsuit entitles one to use the womens changing room.