Stockings

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Stockings

Post by Carol Ann »

I hand wash all my stockings in Woolite and cold rinse them, now my question is do they make a product to put your stocking in the helps them fit like new again?. As you know they loose that elasticity after a few wearing's and washing.

But I just love to hang them outside and let the sunshine dry them and it looks great when you have 10 or 15 pairs drying rotf
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Stockings

Post by Davita »

I didn't find anything about how to fix the saggy baggies, but i found how to not get them that way so fast. See http://www.estylingerie.com/Lingerie-Bl ... and-Tights.

Hope this helps.
{squeezes}
Davita
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Steer clear of nylon, and go for pairs that are at least 15 percent Lycra or spandex -- they're the most durable and less likely to sag.

When new, run your new hosiery under the faucet, place in a freezer bag and freeze. Freezing actually strengthens the fibers, allowing the material to last more than a couple of wears. After 24 hours, remove the pantyhose from the freezer and let it thaw/dry naturally. They'll come out stronger.

May work after wearing and washing. One way to find out.
DonnaT
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

TY Donna, something I never heard before (--)
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Thanks, Donna . . . we've never heard of that trick!

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

I tried freezing pantyhose a few times. It's important to remember to take them out in plenty of time to thaw.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
JessiEM
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by JessiEM »

And dont put them on frozen...you'll walk funny :)
I feel pretty, oh so pretty :)
Gina L.
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Gina L. »

I agree with Carol Ann a line of stockings gently blowing in the wind is an awesome sight. A line of pantyhose is only a line of panthose. Thanks Davita for that link I learned a few new tips.
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

I have tried freezing pantyhose but it makes them tough to pull on. :lol: All joking aside hand washing is the only way to go with hose be it pantyhose or stockings. As for the loss of elasticity, bagging at the knees at the knees and ankles, if it has even 5% Lycra or Spandex in them that is not an issue it only happens with 100% nylon hose. Nylon has no elasticity in it so it stretches as you walk or sit. Ergo the bagging and sagging! :(
Carol Ann wrote:But I just love to hang them outside and let the sunshine dry them and it looks great when you have 10 or 15 pairs drying rotf
[-X

Personally I would never hang my hose or unmentionables out to dry for everyone to see. In my never to be humble opinion that is just way too much information to give the neighbors! If I want someone to see my underpinnings I will let them get a peek or more on my terms and in my own way! :)
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
MichelleZ
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by MichelleZ »

I have to be careful when the door bell rings - I wash and hang my best nylons over the shower rod to dry. Yes, I've forgotten and answered the door letting buddies in :oops:
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

TY ladies ``5 ,

Carol Ann lives out in the woods and my cloths lines are out back behind the house. Only thing that may see my levies are the deer and the squirrels rotf
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

This topic is getting amusing! My husband wears panty hose more often than I do nowadays. He hasn't bothered to freeze them yet, just a hand wash with Woolite. and dry on the shower rod. He buys the most inexpensive brands.
And he does get great pleasure being able to hang his PH to dry. Any visitors would assume they're mine. It's these kind of shared secrets we have that make his CDism more fun for both of us.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Eileen,
Having a crossdressing husband can be real fun at times, after all these years the wife still enjoys Carol Ann getting all dolled up for a Sunday outing and she has told me she wishes she could still get dress up together as we done all the time in our younger years. @@9@@

PH I will wear but still prefer my garter stockings as using the rest room is a pain pulling them back up _P
Deidre Taylor
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Deidre Taylor »

Diana Michelle wrote:Personally I would never hang my hose or unmentionables out to dry for everyone to see. In my never to be humble opinion that is just way too much information to give the neighbors! If I want someone to see my underpinnings I will let them get a peek or more on my terms and in my own way! :)
I'm with you on this one girlfriend! I can remember my mother always telling my sisters as we were growing up "A lady never shows her unmentionables unintentionally." :P When my BF spends the night at my place he is always complaining about getting strangled by pantyhose and bras hanging from the shower rod. I tell him to use the main bathroom if he doesn't like it but he insists on using the en suite shower. Is he a sucker for punishment or just being a man and complaining to hear himself talk?
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

I too love to see the pantyhose and stockings hanging on the line with all my other female attire.

My wife is in the same mind as you Eileen. She does not mind having my washing hanging on the line and if anyone wonders they would think it was hers (my wife's). It is our secret.
Requal