bra design

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Wesley
Miss Emerald Goddess

bra design

Post by Wesley »

Without a doubt, my preference runs to the older stretchy soft cups, the ones that would let the twins "swing free" Something like this:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/cosabella-s ... ra/3159184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is probably the best example I could easily find. . . The style used to be very common.

Or when I was smaller. . .something along the lines of the Rudy Gemrich NoBra bra. .

http://www.queensofvintage.com/the-supp ... o-bra-bra/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ah, the good old days when I could claim to be a 36B
JessiEM
Miss Silver Goddess

Re: bra design

Post by JessiEM »

they r both very nice bras :)
I feel pretty, oh so pretty :)
Karen Ski
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Karen Ski »

They are both cute and maybe if I was 30 years younger I would have a few like them. :) Sadly I am past that age and even my small 36B's have a bit of sag to them now so I go for something with a little more support. :( I do remember those bras form back in the days and all the headlights they revealed, :mrgreen: not for a 60 year old woman like me though.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

http://www.geniebra.com/seamless-bra.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DonnaT
Rader
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Rader »

I need a size 54 Bra, Witch can be hard to find, and find a comfy bra at the
same time. I found Comfort Choicet from Womans With-Inn are both comfy,
and help with shaping with out needing forms.
I can fill out a "B" cup just nicely, but when I use my forms, I use a DD bra.
I generally just wear my "B" cup bra as under dressing goes, but when I wear
a dress, then the forms come out with the "DD" bra.
Rader
Deidre Taylor
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Deidre Taylor »

I remember when these bras were in their "prime". That was back in the 70's and everyone wanted that "no bra" look and these certainly accomplished that! :) I was out by then and had a few like it, then again I was wearing forms and just a 34 or 36B so I could get away with it. My 3 sisters on the other hand were all D cup or larger and never went that way. I suppose on a young girl with firm and smaller breasts they might work but as a D cup myself now, no way!
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Wesley wrote:Without a doubt, my preference runs to the older stretchy soft cups, the ones that would let the twins "swing free"
The last thing an ample woman needs is anything swinging free. Looks like two kids fighting under a bed sheet. The bras shown are cute and sexy for smaller, firm, natural breasts. Doubtful they would hold forms in place unless glued on.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Eileen (SO) wrote:The last thing an ample woman needs is anything swinging free. Looks like two kids fighting under a bed sheet.
There's a possibility in between of an ample woman doing a controlled swinging. I know because it happened to me today. I did look (which is kind of involuntary) and she just responded like that.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Gina L.
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Gina L. »

I got all nostalgic looking at those bras, unfortunately the two I had went with a purge many years ago. I couldn't wear them now as the nipple show would look like car headlights, for an elderly gal I don't think that would be appropriate
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Deidre Taylor wrote:I remember when these bras were in their "prime". That was back in the 70's and everyone wanted that "no bra" look and these certainly accomplished that! :)
Deidre is 100% correct about these bras and I even had a few back then. Then again I was a perky A cup so I could get away with them. I have to agree with Eileen and sadly way too many women who shouldn't have worn a bra like that were. Led to some interesting sights though! :shock:

The Cosabella from Nordstrom's is cute although not for most women. I can picture my step granddaughters, ages 20, 17, and 15, wearing something like that but for a woman over 35 it would never work.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon