Proper Ladylike Crossing Of Legs

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Eileen (SO)

Re: Proper Ladylike Crossing Of Legs

Post by Eileen (SO) »

I never dated a guy that owned a sports car. I believe the trick is to turn in the seat so both feet can be planted on pavement, then stand. Pick up trucks pose a similar problem with short skirts.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

I am 5 5 1/2 inches tall and weight in at 200lbs.

I am of a compact build.

My normal weight should be about 140 to 145 lbs.

If I could get down to that weight I would be able to cross my legs as a woman, that is knee over knee.

I make an attractive woman when dressed and have a nice pair of legs.

My grandmother said that I had a pair of legs that any girl would want.

Since I enjoy dressing as and presenting my self as a woman it would behoove me to get down to that weight and be able to complete my persona as a woman with the proper knee over knee crossing as women do.

Now to do it!
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Martha G wrote:
My normal weight should be about 140 to 145 lbs

My grandmother said that I had a pair of legs that any girl would want
"My normal weight", that's funny! :lol: It is what it is, deal with it.
You gals do tend to have great looking legs.

Eileen
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

Eileen (SO) wrote:I never dated a guy that owned a sports car. I believe the trick is to turn in the seat so both feet can be planted on pavement, then stand. Pick up trucks pose a similar problem with short skirts.

Eileen
As this is my second Mustang, guess that qualifies as a sports car, trust me Eileen what you say is great in theory but not always easy to do. Even planting both feet firmly on the pavement and rising from the seat can still cause a short hem to ride up. Isn't that why your mother told you to always wear clean underwear? :lol:

Pick-ups, SUVs and vans do pose problems as well. They trick I have found is to step onto the running board rather than just slide down.
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Heather, the last time I was dating was in the 70's, small cars then were bigger than today's mid size models.
Of course, always wear panties no matter what. Stepping on the running board can be tricky in heels. Sometimes choices in foot wear should consider the conditions. High heels don't look good stumbling out of a pick 'em up truck.

Whether in a chair or a car/truck seat, keep your knees together ladies.

Eileen
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

As one who owns both "sports cars" and an SUV, 2012 Tahoe, I can attest both offer issues getting in or out while wearing a skirt and trying to maintain some degree of modesty. Yes short skirts offer issues, especially when paired with heels, but longer skirts, particularly maxis, can as well. One not only has to get seated comfortably but also get all of your skirt in without getting it caught in the door when you pull it shut. I find that in lower slung cars a maxi id not the best friend to any woman.

As for running boards in heels, just keep all the pressure in the ball of your foot Eileen. Just pretend you are walking tiptoe Then again in 4" or higher heels aren't we already doing that? :lol:
Martha G wrote:
My normal weight should be about 140 to 145 lbs.
Normal weight? What the heck is that? Is that the number even my doctor has a rough time keeping a straight face when she tells it to me? :lol: Yea, like that's going to happen!
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Tasi
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Tasi »

Eileen was right, cross your legs at the ankle. Your skirt length is important bevcause you don't want to wear a dress or skirt thyat will expose thick thighs. I'm always amused by the preoccupation of CDs with short skirts when longer hemlines are often more fashionable. If you want a good review of how to present yourself in a feminine manner or achieve feminine movements, then check out this areticle on Sister House http://www.sisterhouse.net/library/2016 ... d-to-know/
Tasi
Be all you can be
Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Janet Bern »

If you want to be really ladylike, cross your legs at the ankles.
That is of course you are built like the FOX women. Then you
can do what you like.
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Janet Bern wrote:If you want to be really ladylike, cross your legs at the ankles.
Well I guess I and many of my friends are not very ladylike as most of us cross our legs one over the other. :lol:

The fact of the shorter skirt exposing the "thick thighs" is true for most women. Yes a longer skirt can be slenderizing and fashionable. It can hide many flaws as well keep peering eyes from potential "upskirt" peeks. Many of you girls, particularly the mature ones, should consider knee length or longer hems.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Bernice
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Bernice »

Diana Michelle wrote:As one who owns both "sports cars" and an SUV, 2012 Tahoe, I can attest both offer issues getting in or out while wearing a skirt and trying to maintain some degree of modesty. Yes short skirts offer issues, especially when paired with heels, but longer skirts, particularly maxis, can as well. One not only has to get seated comfortably but also get all of your skirt in without getting it caught in the door when you pull it shut. I find that in lower slung cars a maxi id not the best friend to any woman.
Shucks, if you think that's hard, try getting into or out of a small private airplane! See my gallery pics...

Bernice
Tasi
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Tasi »

It's very common for ladies of all ages and body shapes to cross their legs at the ankle either sitting straight -on or at an angle. These techniques and many more on standing, getting in and out a car, going up and down stairs, etc can be seen in this article on Sister House. http://www.sisterhouse.net/library/cate ... rchive=yes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tasi
Be all you can be