Is it etiquette?

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Is it etiquette?

Post by Virginia »

Question was posted on facebook: "What store(s) would you "loot" if you could get away with it?

What kind of question is that for a girl?

Why Victoria's Secret - Of Course!

Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: Is it etiquette?

Post by DonnaT »

But aren't diamonds a girl's best friend?
DonnaT
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Sadly Victoria Secrets has little that would fit me. BUT rather than loot a store, I'd rather loot a bank :)
{squeezes}
Davita
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Virginia,

This question had to come after the Ferguson riots. I would never loot a store unless in fear of imminent personal danger after a earthquake, tornado, or Obama served a third term. Ooops, delete that third reference.

Remember back when, in the 60's, there were several movies that had all of society wiped out by some accident. One person survived and tried to cope. What store would you go have the most fun at? All the best dresses and no one to see them?

Morality is what you do when nobody is looking.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Eileen, we think way too much alike! ;)

Should that 3rd situation ever take place, most Patriots would be heading to the gun stores to stock up for the upcoming revolution while the liberal left will be cowering under their beds. -,,-

- SL ***-------
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Eileen (SO) wrote: Remember back when, in the 60's, there were several movies that had all of society wiped out by some accident. One person survived and tried to cope. What store would you go have the most fun at? All the best dresses and no one to see them?

Morality is what you do when nobody is looking.
I've actually had that fantasy. Of society being destroyed and then what would I do? And I did come up with maybe going round shops taking the clothes, because now no-one would know. This is years and years ago.

I was distinctly conflicted about it, I remember. All those ever so strong feelings of wanting to dress up, and the equally strong feelings that I shouldn't be taking stuff - on top, of course, of the extremely strong feelings of guilt about wanting so bad to dress up in the first place.

Wow, what a stew of emotions - and how very characteristic of my teenage years...Morality and CDing...
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Hi.

Oh dear ...Okay i.ll play...clothes money adornments flash car = what ever= .nope.

one pack full of food C rations warm sleeping bag some water till i get to the river and go bush ,
my knifes and if you know where to go i could stay hidden for years.
and id survive quite nicely , food on the hoof , for us i,d head west to our coast i worked in the back high county , some clothes that i ....would .... need not quite a girls answer,

oh well maybe .im just one hard out woman who can do it, and just think no one to talk to.......love it.....

Oh heck ,just had a thought i may have a friend with me then what = = >>> warm bed at night.... now that,ll change things oh no i,ll have to think for two people yet again ...gee i never win . He He .....

...noeleena...
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

I see that I never really answered the question, just got on my high horse on the ethics of looting.
The draw back of the old movie scenarios is that there is nobody to see you in the pretty clothes or hot car.
There have been some contests in which the winner was given a shopping cart and a time limit to take whatever they wanted from some large store. That sounds fun!

Some jewelry, anything shiny :) The upscale clothing I normally could not afford. ( Just grab an armload honey, don't hold each item up to yourself to see how they look. There is a time limit.) Boxes of shoes!

Standard answers. What I'd really grab is throw rugs and curtains. The bric-a-brac things to dress up the home. Fancy vases and wall art. Photo frames, nice ones are always expensive. Scented candles and bath oils. Good wine, really good wine. And jewelry.

Eileen
Martina Hall
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martina Hall »

Who, me?? What is "looting"?
I AM my own hot girlfriend.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I agree with Eileen's attitude: looting wouldn't be fun because even if you could "get away with it" you still suffer all the guilt of doing it. So unless it's food or something at the next apocalypse I wouldn't do it, and in that situation it's not fun at all.
But I would certainly like the shopping spree give away! Being limited to just a single store would suck though, I want the run of the whole shopping mall :lol: Just think about how much fun one could have with a 12 hour spree at Mall of America!
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

If my poor memory serves me right, Ralitsa, the shopping spree was at all in one store like Costco, or Walmart and the time limit was 10-15 minutes. And the store was empty of other customers. Mama's got a new pair or running shoes, look out!

Eileen
Janine O
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Janine O »

I wouldn't think of looting but if someone offered to pay for everything that I could choose in one hour of shopping, I would probably opt for a shopping spree at Macy's or Nordstrom's.