pantyhose or stockings

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Annie
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: pantyhose or stockings

Post by Annie »

The Hanes Silk Reflections is my stocking of choice. My only issue was that the silicone band was not very effective after washing. Then I found that wiping them with a little rubbing alcohol rejuvenates them.
Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are- Benjamin Franklin
Cathey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Cathey »

panty hose is perfect for wearing with short skirts. as we get older our dresses go below the knees and stockings are great, sooo the younger girls either go bare legged or wear panty hose, when they wear gowns or long skirts they might wear stockings. having two daughters , I noticed a lot of there habits
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Pantyhose became popular back in the late 60s during the first miniskirt era. It eliminated the proverbial stocking top peek or exposing one's underpinnings and was a God send then. It also eliminated the need for additional hardware such as a garter belt or girdle and became the go to form of hosiery for most but older women.

That said I have worn thigh highs or stockings and a garter belt with even above the knee skirts and dresses with no one knowing my hosiery choice unless I chose to allow them a peek just not mini skirts. Still while I wore those for "special" occasions and still do pantyhose remains my hosiery of choice. To me the biggest issue with the current no hose rage is most women wore control top pantyhose and not enough of them have realized they need something.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon