pantyhose or stockings

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: pantyhose or stockings

Post by Heather W »

Sarah Rene wrote: but for squeezing my lower half into a sausage casing 5 or more days a week, no thank you!
:lol: I never heard of it being referred to like that before Sarah but I know the feeling! Yes hose can do a lot for a girls looks and help keep you warm on a cold winter day but there is a time and place for them. Somehow I really question if they are necessary at work even if I am wearing a dress and I am spending all day at my desk and no one is going to see my legs. I am not saying the bare leg look is always appropriate but there are arguments both ways.

I will admit there are some women can pull off the no hose look but a lot of them need help. All I can say is look in the mirror before you co out and if you are unsure about hose your legs look put some form of hose on!
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

Cute new avatar pic, Heather. I don't go out, so pass or not pass is not an issue for me, but I have these muscular male legs from working on my feet and bike riding. I have come to appreciate the comfort of the no hose look, especially in the warmer months. But pantyhose have a way of smoothing out the lumps, and flaws, and veins, so when I really want to feel femme and put together, I will wear them. I hope they don't disappear completely; us older gals can use the help, especially with dressy outfits.
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
Victoria K.
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Victoria K. »

I love both but prefer a nice pair of sheer tights. They look almost as good as the others and less chance of getting runs.
Spreading the love that the world desperately needs and being true to yourself. ❤
Lacey Hadley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Lacey Hadley »

I have found in recent times an enjoyment of slipping on a pair of sheer stockings and clasping them with a garter belt. This happens when I dress feeling more sexy and of an extreme femininity mindset.

I enjoy pantyhose as it feels good from waist to toe and are more or less a daily type item. In winter I enjoy opaque tights as they are nice for the colder temps but can look cute as well. But getting into garter belts and stockings are very sexy and emotionally so for Lacey.

Watching old movies or t.v. shows say mid 1960s and older I will at times picture the cute actresses when in dresses or skirts sets having sexy stockings and garter belts on. Imaging me wearing such under often such gorgeous and/or cute dresses, blouse and skirts. YUMMY @@9@@
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. Ayn Rand
Gina L.
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Gina L. »

I have worn stockings and girdle for many years, last fall my wife "suggested" that pantyhose would be better, so I switched for the winter. Once I have them on they are great, but as I have Osteoarthritis in my lower back I struggled to put them on everyday. The stockings are so much easier to put on and I missed the pull of the suspenders and the extra support of a girdle, so it's back to stockings for me this winter.
Krista
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Krista »

You can still enjoy wearing shorter dresses and skirts by deliberately drawing attention to your feet... paint your toenails a cute shade of pink or red and slip on an elegant looking sandal or other type of open toe sandal - and that's where people's focus will be drawn...
"Never did the world make a queen of a girl who hides in houses and dreams without traveling."
Victoria K.
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Victoria K. »

I prefer sheer tights but still use panty hose as well. I occasionally wear fishnets with my sandal heels or open toe shoes.
Spreading the love that the world desperately needs and being true to yourself. ❤
Annie
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Annie »

I have tried pantyhose in the past but never found them very comfortable. I don't seem to fit them well and they bind in my... well they bind. I generally wear stockings either stay up or with a garter belt
Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are- Benjamin Franklin
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Annie wrote: they bind in my... well they bind.
..OO.. No comment on this one!

As someone who wore pantyhose 5 days a week for 10 hours a day or longer I can tell you they were not always the comfortable but I fund them more comfortable and practical that the alternatives. Keeping in mind that the male and female bodies are shaped differently it sounds like you were trying too small a size. Remember one size doesn't fit all. IMO a larger size may have made the situation less painful.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Correct size is important still I prefer to do without unless it is cooler outside...once in place with all the tugging and adjusting needed they are fine. I also like the kind that are resistant to runs.
Go with the flow
Denice
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Denice »

Listen to your mother!!

“I Don’t Know Why You Don’t Do It”: Moms Have Announced That Wearing Pantyhose Under Jeans Is Normal
Satire

https://www.clickhole.com/i-don-t-know- ... 1827698096" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

Nowadays solely stockings and a suspender belt. I don't trust "stay-ups any more since an embarrassing event. With limited mobility in my right hip I find it easier to put on one leg at a time.
One wears a mask for so long you forget who you are beneath it......I've now removed my mask.
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Even the better thigh highs need "adjusting" through the course of an evening but then again most pantyhose does as well particularly when worn sans panties. The trick is to find ones such as Hanes with a silicone gripper band, stays up much better than the cheaper ones that are just elastic. Also while they are sexier thigh highs with lace tops are more prone to slippage than other styles.

All that said perhaps the reason I am more apt to wear pantyhose for the control tops, every figure can always use a little help
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Melissa Mac
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Melissa Mac »

Definitely a thigh high girl! I have been wearing these for quite a while and never had an issue with them.

https://www.onehanesplace.com/shop/oneh ... yId=240055
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I have had good luck with the Hanes Silk Reflections thigh highs also. I also wear the National brand of thigh highs. With any of them I am often wearing a HWLLPG and that also helps to keep them up with out having to readjust through out the day as much. I have also been known to wear a garter belt with thigh highs especially after they have been washed several times and start to loose their grip. Or the garter tabs on the girdle work also.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.