Looking for a good everyday garter belt

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Kim D.
Miss Silver Goddess

Looking for a good everyday garter belt

Post by Kim D. »

I have found that I enjoy stockings and garters much more than pantyhose. Does anyone know of a good source for an everyday garter belt, preferably with 6 straps. I know of Secrets in Lace but those tend to be a bit pricey as well as a bit fancy for an everyday undergarment for an old lady like me.

Also for you girdle girls, where do you get yours? Its getting tougher to find good girdles wit garters.
Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Looking for a good everyday garter belt

Post by Janet Bern »

I don't wear them any more but here is the site to order the 6 garter relaxed garter belt
http://www.shopnational.com/p/Garter-Belt-Girdle?trk=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vicki OShea
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Vicki OShea »

You can try Rago. Lot's of places online carry their products, you'll just need to comparison-shop based on price.

http://rago-shapewear.com/catalog/catalog/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Trudy
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Trudy »

Yes Kim Secrets in Lace is pricey but their stuff is so sexy. I have always been a bit of a retro girl in my underpinnings and they have the best! Trust me girl you are worth it!
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Those links show the type my Mom used to wear! Are you sure you want to wear a girdle all day, Kim? Personally, I'm so glad for PH, to each her own though.
Other than online shopping, look for a stand alone Foundation store or department in larger chain stores.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Kim D.
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Kim D. »

At 67 maybe I am old enough to be your mother Eileen! :lol:

At 5'10" and well a bit of the typical male paunch I find pantyhose not that comfortable. Between the waistband rolling over and them sagging, especially in the crotch, I am constantly tugging at them to keep them where they belong. When you add in my early dressing involved girdles or garter belts and stockings back in the dark ages before pantyhose became popular they hold a special place to me. Even as a typical teen aged boy I can remember figuring and finagling my way past and through them in the back seat, :) Add all that together and perhaps you can see my fascination with stockings and garters.

My late wife was 3 years younger than me and although she generally wore pantyhose she was obsessed with her figure. She almost always wore a girdle, especially after our daughters were born. I remember the first time we were intimate. By then women were almost exclusively wearing pantyhose and she was. Still in spite of her having a fantastic shape she had a girdle on that evening. I can remember many a time we would be getting dressed to go somewhere and watching struggle her way into a girdle. It was so sexy to me to watch as I knew she was doing it so she could look good for me.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Dear Kim,

At only 8 years and some months age difference, we could be sisters at best.
You've explained your attraction to garters and girdles that I understand. A feeling of of femininity and a bit of nostalgia.
We all carry extra weight differently, especially between men and woman. While I'm no skinny Minnie, band rollover has not been an issue. Also, women's hips are higher up from the crotch than the typical male, foundation wear can sag on the male body.

Have fun shopping for your shape wear!

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Eileen (SO) wrote:Those links show the type my Mom used to wear! Are you sure you want to wear a girdle all day, Kim? Personally, I'm so glad for PH, to each her own though.

Eileen
Amen Eileen! Not sure even my mother wore some of those girdles I saw at the Rago website. I can remember back when I was transitioning I would wear a girdle under a straight skirt to keep things, well uh you know! :oops: After my surgery I got rid of those quickly and never looked back. *-* Yes I have been known to slip on a pair of Spanx under slacks or a straight maxi dress if I am not wearing hose but trust me there is a hell of a difference between a girdle and Spanx!

I am with you that pantyhose is much more comfortable but as you say to each her own. I can understand the fascination many of the girls have with the underpinnings of yore. I know they are not for me however if that is what you find comfortable so be it!

Good luck on your search Kim, hope you find what you are looking for.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Alisa
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Alisa »

Hi Kim,
Thought you might find this article useful. http://www.thelingerieaddict.com/2008/0 ... -belt.html.

Hugs,
Alisa

Ps. Also check out the link "You can purchase here." There is a pretty good video about how to pick a garter, size, care, etc..
Nicci
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Nicci »

Like many of "us" , I formed my aspirations and appreciation of women in the "mini skirt" era, at the end of the time of beautifully elegant and seductive stockings, garters and girdles. I still despise "Leggs".
I have had very good success with the girdles and garter belts of "Suddenly Fem" on-line. A bit pricey, but exceptional quality, fit and comfort. They sell a 6 strap garter belt ( substantial metal stays" ) that is my standard. I have several ( their colors are limited...) and the staff at "Suddenly Fem" are courteous, professional and well experienced at "fitting" men . Might give them a peek...also can find them via
crossdresser.com. Happy Hunting...stockings ALWAYS improve the "look", one way or the other.
Nicci