Purses

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Purses

Post by Ralitsa »

I think it depends on preference and body style, and also the purse in question. I prefer to carry mine on my shoulder, but I have a few with a really long strap that pretty much has to be worn cross body. I don't carry those all the time, only on certain occasions when that matches my outfit and what I plan to do. And I've noticed that sometimes a new purse doesn't hang right, and keeps sliding off my shoulder, but after a few months seems to fit better. In that case I'll use the thumb hook technique, the one I have right now is that way.
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Eileen (SO) wrote:
Lexi wrote: What have you found, Eileen?
Well, this turned out to be interesting. Does how one carry a purse depend more on body size and preference than gender?

Just one tidbit though. When you all go shopping, go into your purse like you've seen the inside of one before.
A fun little, interesting survey! :mrgreen: Interesting results, Eillen!

Oh... and thank you for the tip! Always good to know where things are in your purse... but... if you only carry a total of like three or four items, it's really not too difficult to find anything in there. Phone, wallet, brush, a lipstick maybe...? What else do you need in there? rotf
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Lexi wrote:
Phone, wallet, brush, a lipstick maybe...? What else do you need in there? rotf
Hmmmm, let's see. Tissues, a small male-up bag with powder and blush along with the lipstick, a couple of bobby pins, some breath mints, a small wallet to hold receipts so I can balance my debit card, calculator, keys (house and car), checkbook, notebook and a pen, shopping list, coupons, Swiss Army knife (yes it is in my everyday purse), small flashlight, pepper spray, couple of losing lottery tickets. All that is in there and I haven't dug to the bottom of it yet. Add to that for GG's feminine protection items. For myself depending on where I am going or how late I may be out, my pistol may in there as well.

Granted a woman sees her everyday purse differently than an occasional purse user might. I fully understand for a lot of you girls it is an accessory for outings but to most women our everyday purse is our daily survival tool.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

At my age, concealed carry is my feminine protection item. :haha:

Certainly, a purse is more than a mere accessory for women. Guys need only a few pockets and wallet. How they sit on those things, I don't know.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Diana Michelle wrote:my pistol may in there as well.
..OO..

Definitely not something I would ever carry in my purse! :lol: Not to get off topic here, but I guess that's one major difference between us Canadian and American girls! :P
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Eileen (SO) wrote:At my age, concealed carry is my feminine protection item. :haha:

Eileen
I'm going to be a good girl and not ask where you conceal it. :whistle:
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

:shock: hummmmm
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Oh grow up, Diane. There are many holsters available for women to CC other than her purse.
Even back in the 1800's, lady's hand bags, skirts and bras had pockets for single shot Derringers.

Too many woman carry the huge bag filled like they're going camping for a month. After starting this thread, it seems that no matter what purse you carry, or how it's carried, do so with confidence.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!