What I learned and a question

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

ParisP

What I learned and a question

Post by ParisP »

Hello everyone. Just thought I'd share what I learned. I decided it was time to shave my legs. Such a wonderful feeling. But it's winter here and quite cold. And I discovered that the leg hair actually does help keep you warm. Did I mention it was cold outside? So I reasoned that I should start wearing tights full time to help keep warm under my everyday drab. I found this does work but I also seemed to sweat more too with trousers over the tights. Uncomfortably so. So here's the question that I'd appreciate some comments about. How long does it take before the the tempature and feeling of shaved legs feels normal?
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: What I learned and a question

Post by KimberlyS »

Hi Paris, I have very little hair below my knees compared to what I use to have. Some I think is heredity and some I think is due to I usually eppilate my legs several times a year when Kim gets out and about. So I guess I have been forced to be with less hair on my legs. I would just say that you will get use to it if you keep them shaved. But yes if you live in colder weather some type of hosiery will help. I wear knee socks in the winter and that helps to keep them warm also. You can play around with different weights of tights, knits, to just panty hose or thigh highs or stockings. There are a lot of options some that are warmer than others.

kimberlys cd
joe in a skirt
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

ParisP wrote: How long does it take before the . . . feeling of shaved legs feels normal?
Never, hopefully \:D/

As for temperature, maybe try a different denier? Or stockings?
DonnaT
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

ParisP,

You'll get used to shaved legs in no time, despite the cold. Men's legs sweat more than a woman's, wearing close knit leggings, tights, or hoseriy may be uncomfortable, try knee high socks.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Denice
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Denice »

Someone else trying to look good.

Tarantula Rushing To Shave Legs Before Meeting Up With Mate

Sarah Rene
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Rene »

ParisP wrote:And I discovered that the leg hair actually does help keep you warm. Did I mention it was cold outside?
Oh Honey suck it up like all the rest of us women do! :lol:

Putting aside the jokes why do you think for years women wore some form of hosiery with a skirt or dress and even under our slacks on the real cold days? Do you think the rise in popularity of tights corresponded with the demise of women wearing sheer hose is just a coincedence? For most women we have been shaving outr legs since we were teen agers so in some aspects we are more accustomed to it but there is a lot to be said for the warmth afforded by a nice pair of tights on a cold winter day.