Boots, Tuck pant legs in or over?

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

Denice
Miss Silver Goddess

Boots, Tuck pant legs in or over?

Post by Denice »

In the last couple of weeks I purchased a pair of boots. Something like these:

https://www.payless.com/womens-rugged-o ... th=Regular" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Today I went to my favorite place to get women's gear and got something similar to this:

https://www.rainbowshops.com/p/plus-siz ... 60807.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My question is how overtly feminine would it be to tuck the leggings into those boots would be? I want to wear women's clothing but I'd rather not be so much in everyone's face about it. Given my job that really shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Boots, Tuck pant legs in or over?

Post by Noeleena »

Hi ,

Not knowing what you look like I,ll say best is tucked in as they don't look like they would stretch very much and you don't wont to have to resew them if they rip apart at the stitching,

...noeleena...
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Denice -

I have yet to see any hetero guy wearing jeans or pants tucked into boots unless their job demanded it (ie, farmer, hunter, outdoorsman, etc.); otherwise, that is definitely a feminine look.

If you were to be in 'guy form' and wear those or similar jeans/pants/leggings tucked into boots to satisfy your 'gal side', then the general public will presume that you are gay.

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Have you tried them together. Looks like the leggings would have to be tucked, due to the narrowness of the cuff.
DonnaT
Aly

Post by Aly »

Leggings/jeggings are made to be tucked into the boots; boot-cut jeans are made to be worn over the boots...
Aly
Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - unknown
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

The fact you are wearing jeggings depending on how tight they are will scream feminine or that you are gay. If you have no problem with them wear them. And yes tucked would be the way to wear them.

kimberlys cd
joe in a skirt
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Denice
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Denice »

Thanks for the input.
Aly wrote:Leggings/jeggings are made to be tucked into the boots; boot-cut jeans are made to be worn over the boots...
I'll not pair them with the boots. I'll go out looking for boot cut pants next shopping trip.
KimberlyS wrote:The fact you are wearing jeggings depending on how tight they are will scream feminine or that you are gay. If you have no problem with them wear them. And yes tucked would be the way to wear them.

kimberlys cd
joe in a skirt
You know, I don't have a problem with that. My job is at a very liberal, tolerant college. I'd probably blush a bit if I were complimented on them, that is the only downside I can see. Besides, they are comfortable, and only $15.