I broke in a new sales associate

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

KimberlyS
Site Administrator

I broke in a new sales associate

Post by KimberlyS »

I had to run for some parts for my floor heat today so decided to also swing by Lane Bryant since I had a rewards certificate. I did not know it until when I was leaving that I broke in a new sales associate or stylist as LB is calling them now. When I got there there were two new gals there. One I had seen before and one I did not recognize. They both said hi and treated my good and interacted with me. After a while the manager came out and said hi and started me a room. After a while I asked the new gal if she knew which room they had started for me. She figured it out and got me in. When I was done the new gal checked me out with help from the manager. The manager was doing some training as this gal was pretty new. Glad the manager helped as I thought I had $20 in rewards, but had $50 instead. Well when we were done the manager walked me to the front door and told me I was this new gal's first one. Guess when I came in and started to shop she went in back and asked the manager what she should do. The manager said she told her to treat me like any other customer, and that I was laid back shopper. She did like the manager said and I was a customer. Hope I did not shock her too much. Oh btw, I was in male mode, bra and small forms, and 10 day beard.

kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Eileen (SO)

Re: I broke in a new sales associate

Post by Eileen (SO) »

I was a bit confused about this story till you mentioned being in male mode. Made more sense since you were out for hardware stuff. Congrats on being her 'first' and a discount as well! Does Kimberly go out shopping? Maybe go to the same place and see their reactions.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Sorry for the confusion, maybe I should have let with the end. This store sees me in both of my presentations and I am treated the same in either presentation. This manager and the previous manager have been great to me and train all of their staff. I know there are several of us that go to this store, per the manager. Right Jill???? My initial plan for the day at the beginning of the week was to be going out enfemme today. But my week and to-do list snowballed and it was a drab outing day. Oh well that is life.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Melissa Mac
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Melissa Mac »

I love Lane Bryant and have always been treated well regardless of en femme or in drab. Never broke in a new AS but sounds like you had fun Kimberly
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Kimberly,
Maybe the manager should call you when they have a new hire to run them through an 'initiation'. Well worth further discounts?

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Eileen, funny you would say that. I told the manager if she ever wanted me to talk to her gals I would do it. I told her I have presented to several classes and could do either a formal or informal presentation to her staff if she ever wanted me to. See seemed to like that idea and said she would think about it more after the holidays.
Site Administrator

Karen Ski
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Karen Ski »

Cute story Kimberly! I still remember the first time I admitted to a sales associate that the dress was for me, yea I was in drab at the time. What surprised me was she never batted an eyelash and was not only helpful but told me I was not the only CD she had helped and that was back in probably 1978 or 79. I thanked her for the help and respect when I bought the dress and she told me to come back any time and next time I did to wear the dress. I did go back though in a skirt and blouse and she had a customer for life.

Hope the manager does take you up on your offer. We are out there and with just about every week reading about some store closing they should welcome our business!