Fashion mistakes or overlooks

Do you have questions about fashion etiquette, or etiquette in general? Ask your questions here!

Moderators: CathyAnn, Eileen (SO)

KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Fashion mistakes or overlooks

Post by KimberlyS »

When I am dressing femme around the house I am not as.... hummmm ...careful ...focused ...caring about fashion or things looking as good. I guess you could say home can be a test bed or fashion lacking environment for me at times. Some times I am trying things out to see if they work together or trying different options. Other times I have been told that fashion is a bit young for you, which is interesting as my wife says a lot of my clothes are old lady-ish. Then there are the times I just throw some outfit on not caring at all about fashion or coordination. Other times I am just lazy, for example I am often wearing knee high hose when I should be wearing something higher. The hosiery gap is not very fashionable and does not just plain look good. But sometimes I have changed my mind what I am wearing or have not planned well and too lazy to change.

What are some fashion mistakes, overlooks, blunders you have made either at home or out and about?

kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Fashion mistakes or overlooks

Post by Noeleena »

Evening ,

Depends on where i am and who with as i dont follow fashion never have and never will , how i dress is for myself when i,m in a normal detail . when i do have to dress more inkeeping for concerts then i dress in my concert clothes that i picked out years ago a white blouse a long black skirt black shoe,s not heels as i,m in percussion,

at schools large Halls and church buildings our Opera house so i do have a code i follow and when your infront of from 100 to 500 we dress for what we are doing so my presentions need to be good,i will add since i have no hair i wear a wig that suits me very well and is close to how i would be had i have hair.

Edwardin , Renaissance and Scottisch are quite different and our dance group,s with 150 people at times most on the floor dancing

Now mistake,s this will depend on some very out dated idear,s of what you wear or should or not and i was told oh,,, you can only wear 3 different colours at a time with an outfit, well i sure had some thing to say about that i,ll wear 7 and more colours why because i like to have, we not got away from the bloody stayed british down trodden drab colour that so many would not change to something lovely and colourfull more colours are what makes the difference so my mistake was that. and really i dont give a damn

Walking down the road my slip started heading south so i thought oh okay keep going and i,l help you so i dropped it down picked it up and carried on as though nothing was a miss.

Oh yes when out with our Edwardian group i was taking photo,s and we had a very strong wind come so a good few of us lost our bonnits couple of our guys retrived them and we headed in door,s its days like this i,m glad i have no hair as i dont get bad hair day,s as the other,s well others know,yes i do wear my wig. some of the time Edwardian times 1900 -1914,

The other detail is i,m out and about and no makeup well mine is most times when out is eyebrow liner and lippy yet many time,s i dont and no wig if is too hot forget it i wont wear mine i,m not getting massive headache,s just to wear a wig forget it, i have many head wear - coverings, ,

If some thing happens so what i,ll fix it and procede on my way, so i dont worry how i look i really dont. i,ll dress smart nice and be well presented and all those who know me in our membership know what i,m like so think 2000 members not including many other i know, oh and earings yes i do forget them sometimes , gee i dont know lol,s,,,,quess is part of being a female i quess .

...noeleena...
Eileen (SO)

Re: Fashion mistakes or overlooks

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Kimberly,

Dressing at home to feel comfortable is different from dressing to pass in public. My husband is guilty of 'people watching' especially women. Not for lust, for fashions. Many CD's start at a later age and try to blend in. Hubby's CD group has many examples, though I don't want to embarrass any one.

Some examples:
Wear long sleeves if you have guy like tattoo's.
Shave chest hair, please!
Buy a wig that looks right.

An accepting spouse will help you look your best.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!